MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By prltrn Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:20 pm
I bought a new MPC LIVE II and registered on iMusic and also registered my device. I don't have Mac or Windows and I don't want to install any software, I want to activate my account so I can use those plugins that say Trial - 10 days left in Preferences -> ACTIVATIONS.
I've tried all the codes (SERIAL) I can find on iMusic, including those for MPC Software and Abelton Live for PC, but none of them worked, and I've also entered the serial number from the INFO tab both with and without brackets (), and that didn't work either.

Version: 2.14.0
By prltrn Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You have to buy the plugins you want, then you'll see the activation code. The MPC Live 2 doesn't come with any premium plugins included, hence the trials. Plenty of free plugins though (e.g. solina, hype, mellotron etc).

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

This is probably a question for another thread, but for me as a newcomer to the AKAI ecosystem it's not clear yet, and I don't understand how to buy all these plugins at once. I went to https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-plugin-instruments.html and https://www.thempcstore.com/mpc-plugin-instruments/ and researched everything there and realized that at the very least I need the MPC INSTRUMENT COLLECTION (SIX GROUNDBREAKING PLUGINS FOR MPC & FORCE), but I want to buy them all at once because I'm very happy with the purchase and I think this stuff is really worth a lot more than the price it's selling for. Where is the "buy all plugins" button, I'm sure there are tons of AKAI fans who would love to have that option. Maybe I couldn't find it?
By RandomVibration Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:04 am
I don’t understand the problem. Using a computer at the store, you buy the Fabric Collection using the same email address you used to register the MPC. Turn on the WIFI on your MPC, you’ll see the ability to download and activate all the plugins that come with the Fabric Collection. It’s really that easy if the activation server is working.

What part of that isn’t working for you?