MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By asr10user Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:32 pm
Is there a way to get a Live 2 to change swing on the fly/in real time like you could with the 4000?

Like per pad (or per track) and you can adjust the swing settings so you can hear it before you make a change?
By J.O.BEATS Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:54 pm
I believe you can with the q links if I recall correctly. I don’t use quantize or swing much but I believe there’s a way to do if not kinda convoluted. I think in preferences there’s an option you can select to allow the q link to adjust swing on the fly.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:04 am
Yea, on q-link release or on the fly.
By asr10user Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:45 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:I believe you can with the q links if I recall correctly. I don’t use quantize or swing much but I believe there’s a way to do if not kinda convoluted. I think in preferences there’s an option you can select to allow the q link to adjust swing on the fly.

I got Q link release on the fly setup (settings, sequencer, release qlink checkbox)

But when I actually try to change the swing, even if I have a single pad range selected in grid mode, it seems to move everyhthing. Im wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its a change in the newest OS.
By Elijah Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:27 am
asr10user wrote:But when I actually try to change the swing, even if I have a single pad range selected in grid mode, it seems to move everyhthing. Im wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its a change in the newest OS.

Set Events > Selected in the Timing Correct settings in advance.
By Blue Haze Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:35 am
I tend to use nudge and no snap for single notes. Plus you can nudge each way forward or back all in real-time. Better than the 4K.
By asr10user Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:32 pm
Blue Haze wrote:I tend to use nudge and no snap for single notes. Plus you can nudge each way forward or back all in real-time. Better than the 4K.

Hmmm this might be the answer, let me try this. Thanks!
By asr10user Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm
Blue Haze wrote:I tend to use nudge and no snap for single notes. Plus you can nudge each way forward or back all in real-time. Better than the 4K.

Salute! I just did this and its exactly what I wanted! Wow thank you. This was literally the thing that I wanted the most back with a 4000, as far as I know only the 4000 could do this.

Also, off topic, are you in Yokohama? I will be visiting Tokyo (staying in Shinjuku for a few weeks) this year and am looking for thrift stores/electronic stores, can you point me in the direction of where I might be able to buy some cool stuff? What might be the price range of something like a MPC 4000 or 3000?
By Lampdog Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm
It was in the manual though.

It was one of the very first things I did after purchase, went into the grid on MPC X, nudge notes.
By Blue Haze Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 pm
asr10user wrote:

Salute! I just did this and its exactly what I wanted! Wow thank you. This was literally the thing that I wanted the most back with a 4000, as far as I know only the 4000 could do this.

Also, off topic, are you in Yokohama? I will be visiting Tokyo (staying in Shinjuku for a few weeks) this year and am looking for thrift stores/electronic stores, can you point me in the direction of where I might be able to buy some cool stuff? What might be the price range of something like a MPC 4000 or 3000?

Even though I haven’t been to these stores in years, I buy mostly online now. I used to go to Power DJs, Rock oN Company, Musicland Key and Somap. These days I use Rakuten online mall because they have the cheapest rates and ship from all over Japan. Tokyo tends to have premium pricing. You are welcome on nudging.

I recommend checking out Marlow Diggs YouTube tutorials for the new mpcs.