MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Heiko Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 pm
Hello. First time here. Can anybody tell me... when I save my mpc project, it doesn't save the changes that I made in the hybrid plugin instrument. If I load the project the changes I made in a hybrid instrument are gone and the hybrid instrument is back to it's basic settings. What can I do to save this changes, too. Is there a simple way ? I can't find out...
Thanks
Heiko
By Heiko Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:16 am
[url][url]
[url][/url]
[/url][/url]
Heiko wrote:Hello. First time here. Can anybody tell me... when I save my mpc project, it doesn't save the changes that I made in the hybrid plugin instrument. If I load the project the changes I made in a hybrid instrument are gone and the hybrid instrument is back to it's basic settings. What can I do to save this changes, too. Is there a simple way ? I can't find out...
Thanks
Heiko

Setting: MPC Live II connected to Lap Top (HP Spectre) using MPC Software (controller mode) and hybrid 3 there as plugin.

For example: I change some curves in my hybrid instrument. After saving the project in mpc software or MPC live and then loading the project again next day (or even seconds later), the changes in my hybrid instrument are back to it's default instrument settings. No echo, no curve changes everything gone what I did before. This doesn't happen in plugins which are directly on the mpc live, like Fabric XL. There every effect changes are safed fine. I understand that I'm using something like a third party plugin hybrid in this moment, but I want my project to save this changes, too, that I made in this plugin.

I'm working with the Live II since about two years, but I always worked in standalone mode. Now that I'm in controller mode this is new for me, to see that effect changes in a hybrid plugin are not saved in the project, like the plugins on Live II do in standalone mode.
By Heiko Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:48 pm
Heiko wrote:[url][url]
[url][/url]
[/url][/url]
Heiko wrote:Hello. First time here. Can anybody tell me... when I save my mpc project, it doesn't save the changes that I made in the hybrid plugin instrument. If I load the project the changes I made in a hybrid instrument are gone and the hybrid instrument is back to it's basic settings. What can I do to save this changes, too. Is there a simple way ? I can't find out...
Thanks
Heiko

Setting: MPC Live II connected to Lap Top (HP Spectre) using MPC Software (controller mode) and hybrid 3 there as plugin.

For example: I change some curves in my hybrid instrument. After saving the project in mpc software or MPC live and then loading the project again next day (or even seconds later), the changes in my hybrid instrument are back to it's default instrument settings. No echo, no curve changes everything gone what I did before. This doesn't happen in plugins which are directly on the mpc live, like Fabric XL. There every effect changes are safed fine. I understand that I'm using something like a third party plugin hybrid in this moment, but I want my project to save this changes, too, that I made in this plugin.

I'm working with the Live II since about two years, but I always worked in standalone mode. Now that I'm in controller mode this is new for me, to see that effect changes in a hybrid plugin are not saved in the project, like the plugins on Live II do in standalone mode.

I know that hybrid isn't supported in standalone. I wrote "now that I'm in controller mode" I don't understand why any changes (like curve changes) in a hybrid instrument are not saved in my project. I AM in controller mode then. 500 words in my question describe my problem, when I work with hybrid in controller mode. Only one sentence says that I worked in standalone in the past 2 years with those plugins like Fabric XL which is directly inside the mpc live II. This one sentence let's you think that I'm working with hybrid in standalone ? Really ? Directly after this sentence I write again, that I'm in controller mode now, with the hybrid plugin.
So don't think about standalone.

My question is "why are changes in a hybrid instrument (like curve changes) not saved in my project when I work in controller mode ?"
By Heiko Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:58 am
... and of course I know that I can't load / open projects in standalone, which were created in controller mode with plugins like hybrid.
But in this case I describe: I'm working with my connected mpc live II in controller mode with hybrid 3 and my mpc desktop software, I'm editing a hybrid 3 instrument in controller mode and then I save my mpc project in controller mode in my mpc software. If I open this project then in controller mode again with my mpc software, the things I've edited in hybrid 3 before, are back to it's basic settings. And my question is why and how to change this, that it will be saved. It's nice to HEAR the edited sounds of hybrid 3 while I'm working in my project. But I also want to hear this edited hybrid sounds after saving the project, when I open the project next day. What sense makes editing a haybrid sound, when I can't save this edits to my project ? That's my question, how to save edited instruments of hybrid 3... in my mpc project. If I open my project next day, the project saved the information, that I've worked with a hybrid instrument and also it loads up this hybrid instrument. But it doesn't load up the EDITED hybrid instrument. It's the basic sound of this instrument, before I edited it. So I miss the edited information in this hybrid instrument. This wasn't saved. How can I do that ?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 am
Not seeing this issue myself, I just tested this using the native Hybrid 3 plugin (rather than the VST version). I made some change to the default preset, saved project, closed down the MPC Software, re-load project and Hybrid custom settings are re-loaded.

Please create a new project and test it there, does the problem continue or is is confined to just the one project?

Also confirm MPC Software version, computer OS version.
By Heiko Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:54 pm
Thanks for trying out. Have this problem in every Project. Bought the mpc live II two years ago. Software, full version was in the package. It's updated to the newest version, bought mpc stems. So Software HAD to be updated to newest. Plugins like Hybrid 3 were downloaded over my mpc account. It was for download there.
So I don't have to dream about changing effects live in the read/write mode, first I have to dream about how to save generally hybrid customer settings.
By Heiko Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 pm
Think I found out by myself now. If somebody has the same problem. I listed all the installed programms on my screen, where you can install & uninstall. There I found two symbols of hybrid. One was 8MB from 2022, the second one was about 250MB from 2023. I uninstalled the 8MB one (for whatever reason it was there). After that I tried some curve edits in hybrid 3 and saved the project. After loading the project again the curve changes were still there in hybrid, the edits were saved. Tomorrow I will try the same with the connected mpc live II in hope that the edits in hybrid 3 will be saved then, too. Seems like this second hybrid symbol (8MB) was the problem.
By Heiko Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:07 pm
Today I tried the same with the usb connected mpc live II. Same problem as before. Hybrid edits are not saved to the project. If I work only with mpc software alone (mpc live II NOT connected) , hybrid edits are saved to the project. With the connected mpc live II the same edits are not saved to the project. Checked all the preferences settings in the mpc live II, cause it only happens when it's connected. I can't find any settings in the preferences which would make sense to mark or unmark. So mysterious.... can't find out...
If I save edits in other plugins, like loom in controller mode with connected mpc live II, these edits are saved to the project. It only happens in hybrid 3, there edits of instruments are not saved to the project in controller mode.