MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 pm
OK - this is twice in two days that automation on one or more tracks has simply disappeared. V 2.13.

I'd say more but I don't know more. I am fine-tuning a bass part, and eventually automation on the vocals disappears. And the high-hat. I am adding automation to the bass part... surely that would not affect the other tracks, would it?

Is anyone else experiencing this?
By JrTMoney2 Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm
Similar thing. Not with automation, but with midi notes.

I'll be laying track after track and I'll notice after laying the 6th or whatever track that now track 3 is not playing, and when I go to check the midi notes have disappeared. Been happening for a while — not just on the latest update. They just haven't fixed it.
By djchucknorris Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 pm
jamos wrote:OK - this is twice in two days that automation on one or more tracks has simply disappeared. V 2.13.

I'd say more but I don't know more. I am fine-tuning a bass part, and eventually automation on the vocals disappears. And the high-hat. I am adding automation to the bass part... surely that would not affect the other tracks, would it?

Is it disappearing or are does the sound of it just stop occurring? If you view the automation in grid view, does it still show? Checking that will help get to the bottom of what's going on
By jamos Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am
djchucknorris wrote:
jamos wrote:OK - this is twice in two days that automation on one or more tracks has simply disappeared. V 2.13.

Is it disappearing or are does the sound of it just stop occurring? If you view the automation in grid view, does it still show? Checking that will help get to the bottom of what's going on

Oh it is very definitely disappearing. The automation data for those items is just gone.
By Rokgod Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm
I’ve noticed Akai has been focusing more on hardware standalone bugs more than bugs in the actual software. I use the mpc mostly with the software and the software has many many bugs that shouldnt be there for years now