Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Alesto Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 pm
Is Force a viable live looper for audio, like the Boss RC 505 looper? The looper plugin of force seems OK in a studio scenario, but not so useful in a live situation, since I don't like the idea of using buttons on a touch screen.

My question to all Force users:
- Is it possible to record my mic or guitar directly into an audio clip without having to push more than 1-2 buttons. What do I push in order to do it?
- Does clip recording offer overdub mode?
- Can you fix loop length to 2, 4, 8 bars?
- Can you define to start recording with audio threshold?
- Can you define to start recording when clip starts?

I like the idea of having the drums (with a step sequencer), bass synth, guitar and vox all in one box and the possibility of using a matrix to activate clips.

Thank you very much for your help!
By mattpositive Fri May 24, 2019 12:34 pm
Have you had any luck using the AF as a live audio looper? I'm kind of in limbo waiting for the AF integration with Ableton Live so my Force has been on the bench for a bit, but it's about time I re-acquaint myself. I thought I could take it slow and use it as a 'dj component' (temporarily) for live looping and such.
By Mr_You Thu May 30, 2019 4:22 pm
At the very least I hope we could send play/record/dub/stop actions via MIDI foot controller?

I plan on integrating the Force with my Line 6 Helix. It has multiple inputs available, Helix will control some Force functions (looper), Force will send MIDI CCs to Helix during live performance playback.

I'm waiting on song/arrangement mode to make a purchase unless I come across a great deal. But I'm really looking forward to playing it.
By Unreallystic Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:52 pm
OP, yes to everything.

The original name of the Force was the APC Live, so think of it as an APC that doesn't need a computer - its designed for Live Looping, this includes recording audio-clip.

I'm at work so I'm not going to scour the net for a video, but you can watch some of the videos from the launch of the Force to see how the Live Looping function works in practice.
- Unreall