Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By andreat668 Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 am
wow this update is epic!
I just switched to the Force last week, I got 3.0.4 and I already love this machine even without 3.0.5.
I have read any sort of BS on the web about the Force, my advice would be to try one out cause the workflow and the machine itself it's very peculiar (and very powerful).
Also the hype synth and air fx are very, very good.
this is the first time I feel I can produce good stuff within just 1 device (no external synths or fxs).
I used and had for years the JJOS Mpc 2500 and Mpc 1000, this thing is on another level.
Been an mpc "head" for more than a decade, now I think I like more this Frankenstein MP/Push :)
By CFM01 Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 am
When this update hits the streets it sure does lift the Force to another level. I changed from the MPC Live to the Force. I did enjoy working with Live but to get the absolute best out if it you needed to run MPC 2.0 software. I’d did think I’d miss not having the ability to add VST’s but there are ways around this and the Instruments in Force are not bad. I do enjoy the workflow of the Force much more than Live as it’s closer to Ableton Live. Having said this my Force has not had much use recently although fired it up yesterday and have to say as a live jamming machine it’s great.
By kaydigi Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:23 pm
I’m going to finally unbox my Force and install a ssd and expansions and wait for this update. I bought a Force right around launch and really can’t wait to use the arraignment mode.

So just glancing at the list looks like the new synths aren’t part of this, maybe November update?
By J-Fly Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:49 pm
kaydigi wrote:I’m going to finally unbox my Force and install a ssd and expansions and wait for this update. I bought a Force right around launch and really can’t wait to use the arraignment mode.

So just glancing at the list looks like the new synths aren’t part of this, maybe November update?

?????You never unboxed it???? :hmmm:
By kaydigi Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:22 pm
J-Fly wrote:
kaydigi wrote:I’m going to finally unbox my Force and install a ssd and expansions and wait for this update. I bought a Force right around launch and really can’t wait to use the arraignment mode.

?????You never unboxed it???? :hmmm:

Super long uninteresting story, at one point I was trying to return it to get a Korg wave state but but it didn't work out.. I just kept it in the closet until the arrange mode comes out of beta. I'll finally unbox it tomorrow and install a SSD in it.
By dj white-label will Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:19 pm
i aint holding my breath, this unoits needed updates since day one, it shouldnt have been on the shelves until certain basic were in it, i have the mpc x and bought the force thinking this is perfect for my travels and for up stairs etc ,and the most simple of functions like arrangement or song mode or link scene not there ? and to be fair the akai team just do what ever they want they dont seem to be to fussed.
By dgadwa Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:12 am
STOKED!! So glad that Force will now handle class-compliant USB MIDI!

However, I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on what's new with Program Changes..

"On a MIDI Track you can now send a program change message when launching a clip or when playing your arrangement. Hold EDIT and tap a Clip to bring up the Clip Settings popup."

We've already got Program Changes within clips. Is it just that they flow into compositions in Arrange mode or am I missing something else here?
By AgentSmith Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 am
dgadwa wrote:STOKED!! So glad that Force will now handle class-compliant USB MIDI!

However, I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on what's new with Program Changes..

"On a MIDI Track you can now send a program change message when launching a clip or when playing your arrangement. Hold EDIT and tap a Clip to bring up the Clip Settings popup."

We've already got Program Changes within clips. Is it just that they flow into compositions in Arrange mode or am I missing something else here?

Exactly. PC were already possible on clip level. BUT NOT FOR IT'S OWN PLUGINS!! Would this be it?
By dgadwa Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:59 am
AgentSmith wrote:
dgadwa wrote:STOKED!! So glad that Force will now handle class-compliant USB MIDI!

Exactly. PC were already possible on clip level. BUT NOT FOR IT'S OWN PLUGINS!! Would this be it?

What would be DOPE is if there were something like the Clip Follow Actions in Live so that each program change wasn't triggered every time the clip looped. It sucks when you are in the flow, making adjustments to a patch and *WHAM!* the patch is reset to its default state every 4 or 8 bars.

Currently, my workaround for this is to use the Force to trigger a whole row of clips that HAVE the program changes and manually skip to the next row of clips that do NOT have PC's but DO loop so that I can jam on them.

Anyone else got a better workaround? I've been thinking about posting this as its own topic but I'll wait until the new OS update is out there and its fully understood.
By carvingcode Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:33 am
Why isn't this a full point update? As in 4.0, instead of 3.0.5.

I'm running 3.0.4, like most. It is pretty awesome. Love the workflow. Being familiar with Ableton Live, the Force makes perfect sense.

Have read so much negativity here and elsewhere on the Force. I don't get it... But, I guess that's the nature of things.

Peace.
By renegadebliss Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:30 pm
carvingcode wrote:Why isn't this a full point update? As in 4.0, instead of 3.0.5.

I'm running 3.0.4, like most. It is pretty awesome. Love the workflow. Being familiar with Ableton Live, the Force makes perfect sense.

Have read so much negativity here and elsewhere on the Force. I don't get it... But, I guess that's the nature of things.

Peace.

It hasn't been released yet, nobody knows what version that Akai's Engineering and Marketing team are going to release it under.

It could be that it is was ALWAYS meant to be in the 3.x update but took longer then expected and there are other features on the 4.x list.

Those who know aren't talking... ;)