Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Enzo954 Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 pm
My buddy who is moving has offered to sell me his Akai Force for extremely cheap. I've never used any type of machine like this but I'm willing to learn and do whatever it takes to become proficient with it.

I saw a thread where one of your members was going to create the "Bible" for this but changed his mind which is unfortunate. Can you guys point me in the right direction towards good tutorials or videos for someone completely green like myself? I've come across many youtube videos in the short time I've been researching, but they are very scattered with information and it's a lot to take in. I do plan on reading the manual but I have a feeling that it will read like stereo instructions rather than a tutorial. Thanks
By Patientrichard Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:05 pm
What do you want to do with the machine? I'd start there and then look around for tutorials on how to do that, in order to break it into bite sized chunks.

For instance, do you want sample things? Or do you want to learn about the on board synths?

It's got a lot to give, but can be a bit overwhelming if you're trying to learn it all at once.

There's lots of YouTube people that do stuff on the Force... Here's a few and this isn't an exhaustive list. (some I find crap, others are OK, but it's subjective so I'll just put them here and you can see for yourself)

Pink Buddha
Matthew Stratton
Nice things
Ave Mcree
Elbow media
Akai Pro video
Nick Trakikis

It's also worth looking at the mpc tutorial people, some of which are above. There's also tubedigga, Steve trax, lifted noise, Marlow diggs.

It's worth checking the mpc ones due to the OS being the same, and some crossover of functionality.
By DokBrown Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:36 pm
Patientrichard wrote:What do you want to do with the machine? I'd start there and then look around for tutorials on how to do that, in order to break it into bite sized chunks.

For instance, do you want sample things? Or do you want to learn about the on board synths?

It's got a lot to give, but can be a bit overwhelming if you're trying to learn it all at once.

DITTO

try making just dope drums OR just dope synths for your first year. then expand out into the vastness of the machine. the good thing about an OLD MPC is its limitations ; these new machines are black holes that you can get lost in . . . . .
By Fess Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:29 pm
Sit down with it and get comfortable if you can. Also, set up a monitor to read the manual as you get familiar with the functions. Go through the tutorial in the manual- even if you don't like the project music.

Then, get an SSD and install it. Connect to a computer and move your samples over to the SSD.

The easiest way to learn is to just read and try, read and try until it starts to make sense- and it will, if you put the time in. I can tell you now, it's worth it.

Good luck :)