Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SaltyParachute Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 am
Is it possible to send audio through the force from a laptop through USB while still staying in standalone and ableton link mode?

I'm looking to use the force out of computer mode but route audio from a laptop through the force to a Pa using the usb just wondering is this possible?
By Koekepan Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:35 pm
I believe that the answer is "no".

However, it's possible that the answer is more like "not yet".

There's no intrinsic reason that prevents the Force from doing audio over USB that I'm aware of, and the Force should, in principle, be able to even attach audio interfaces over USB to add to its inputs; something that would be very handy for connecting small mixers that offer a USB out.

I think that the MPCs now have USB audio options? Maybe? I don't know, because I don't have one of those.

I believe that there is a beta doing the rounds that has some other hot features, including, possibly, disc streaming? If so, it's not impossible that USB audio might come as well.

Sorry for such a wishy-washy response, but there it is.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm
I have X. It can be used as an audio interface with computer (computer audio going to X while in USB_controller mode) and X audio out to monitors (I used headphones but I'm sure main outs will do the same). I've done it, don't like the latency, never did it again.

USB audio in from a usb mixer, I think no.

Don't know about Force.