Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pmodzele Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:54 pm
For some reason my Force stopped playing sound from audio clips I'm recording via my hooked up synth.

This was working fine yesterday. I can hear the clip when I play and I can see that the recorded clips have sound when I press the Clip button, also the drums and other tracks play back fine. When I use the sampler program it records fine, just not in Matrix mode.

I tried resetting all the settings but I still can't get it to playback any sound.
By pmodzele Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm
I updated to the latest firmware and issue remains. It also won't play audio clips that are preloaded when loaded onto the matrix (however it will play the previews).

Any help would be appreciated.
By Koekepan Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:35 am
I honestly don't know, because I have not run into this.

I'm guessing that there's something, going on somewhere - did you check the I/O settings in the mixer for that track? What happens when you just punch that clip individually from the launch interface?
By EnochLight Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:36 pm
pmodzele wrote:I updated to the latest firmware and issue remains. It also won't play audio clips that are preloaded when loaded onto the matrix (however it will play the previews).

Any help would be appreciated.

Go into your mixer i/o tab and check your monitor settings. Is it set to "automatic" or do you have it on or off? On that same page, what is your audio out set to on each track at the bottom?
By pmodzele Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:06 am
They are all set to on and I can hear it in my headphone as I play. I can also the levels move on the mixer.

I did manage to get it to work and save the project. Problem is that I can only get it to work from within that project. When I open a new project I run into the same issue. It has to be a setting I changed, I'm just not sure which one. The strange thing is when I go to reset all the settings (using the option in the menu) the problem remains. So I'm sort of at a loss.
By misterflibble Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:52 am
Compare the project defaults under Preferences to the current state of the project that works. One of your default assignments may be to blame.

You could also save your working project as a template, and always start fresh from that template.
By pmodzele Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:20 am
I figured it out.

The monitor has to be set to "auto" and then it will play back properly over my plugged in headphones. I had it set to "in" and it looked like it was recording the sound and playing it through when I played live, but not when I tried to play the clip.
By EnochLight Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 am
pmodzele wrote:I figured it out.

The monitor has to be set to "auto" and then it will play back properly over my plugged in headphones. I had it set to "in" and it looked like it was recording the sound and playing it through when I played live, but not when I tried to play the clip.

Congratulations! That's why I asked you what you had your monitor set at... :nod: :wink:

viewtopic.php?p=1840054#p1840054

Glad you got things sorted.