Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BogdanOctav Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Hi there!

I've stumbled repeatedly on a very annoying bug.
I start arming a slot on a plug-in synth, start to record, but some of the first notes record all bar through, creating some accidental drone sounds, that are not intended.
Initially I thought it to be a MIDI bug because I was using a Minilogue XD as an external keyboard.
But then the same thing happened without an external keyboard.

Anyone came axross this, and could tell me when that happens or if there's anything I can do about it?

Thx!
By EnochLight Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:21 pm
BogdanOctav wrote:Hi there!

I've stumbled repeatedly on a very annoying bug.
I start arming a slot on a plug-in synth, start to record, but some of the first notes record all bar through, creating some accidental drone sounds, that are not intended.
Initially I thought it to be a MIDI bug because I was using a Minilogue XD as an external keyboard.
But then the same thing happened without an external keyboard.

Anyone came across this, and could tell me when that happens or if there's anything I can do about it?

Thx!

You're describing MIDI notes that are hanging. When it happens, go into your Clip grid and see if there were any ghost notes recorded by accident that is being triggered. Does the hanging notes occur when you double-tap your Stop button on the Force transport?