Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:22 pm
PMossberg wrote:Is there any talks about akai having explode drums for the Force?

Haven't seen any, but it's pretty fast to just clone MIDI tracks with your loop. I'll usually make a drum loop and then make a midi track, select all on the drum loop notes, paste them into the midi track with SEND TO pointed at the drum track, and then use the copy button to copy that a bunch. Then go track by track and select each pad to select all notes for that pad and cut, leaving just the pad you want for that track.
By PMossberg Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:13 pm
misterflibble wrote:
PMossberg wrote:Is there any talks about akai having explode drums for the Force?

Haven't seen any, but it's pretty fast to just clone MIDI tracks with your loop. I'll usually make a drum loop and then make a midi track, select all on the drum loop notes, paste them into the midi track with SEND TO pointed at the drum track, and then use the copy button to copy that a bunch. Then go track by track and select each pad to select all notes for that pad and cut, leaving just the pad you want for that track.
yeah but the explode drums feature would be so convenient.
By 64hz Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:04 pm
I just don't see it working on a force. Then you have 8 midi clips with solo drum hits and what then?
By Koekepan Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:01 pm
8 MIDI clips is no big deal on the Force. 8 Audio would wind it up tight, but it can have over 100 MIDI channels.

I can see it, if you want to drive external percussion with individual outboard effects channels, and considering some of the cribs on display in the crib photo channel, I'm sure some people do that.

Even if there's no love for the Beat Thang.
By 64hz Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:09 am
Koekepan wrote:8 MIDI clips is no big deal on the Force. 8 Audio would wind it up tight, but it can have over 100 MIDI channels.

I can see it, if you want to drive external percussion with individual outboard effects channels, and considering some of the cribs on display in the crib photo channel, I'm sure some people do that.

Even if there's no love for the Beat Thang.

But you could just route them the the corresponding output. I seriously don't see how 6 or 8 or even 3 midi tracks with individual hits would work. Maybe if you like listening to solo drum hits in a row? There is no track mute like on mpcs, then I would get it.
By misterflibble Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:25 pm
64hz wrote:I just don't see it working on a force. Then you have 8 midi clips with solo drum hits and what then?

Not sure if we're talking about different things, but I like to have each of my drum sounds on its own MIDI track. Then I can build up my drum tracks and drop parts in and out in the arrangement really easily. This is a bit of a substitution for the fact that Force only seems to have audio mute and not midi mute. Works nicely for me.
By 64hz Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:37 pm
misterflibble wrote:
64hz wrote:I just don't see it working on a force. Then you have 8 midi clips with solo drum hits and what then?

Not sure if we're talking about different things, but I like to have each of my drum sounds on its own MIDI track. Then I can build up my drum tracks and drop parts in and out in the arrangement really easily. This is a bit of a substitution for the fact that Force only seems to have audio mute and not midi mute. Works nicely for me.

AHH, yes there was a mixup. I was thinking about the way the MPC handles exploding tracks. :Sigh: