Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SakisX Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:19 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:
aes-one wrote:It’s finally happening!!

Nothing is happening officially and nothing will ever happen because InMusic wants you to buy both devices, that's their business model.

He meant Force can open MPC projects now ....
By J-Fly Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:46 pm
The selling point of the Force is to be able to perform two separate tasks at the same time one via the screen and the other via the pads. This is why adding pad tap sampling was not possible. Not because Akai couldn't add it but because it would defeat the way they want you to think and incorporate the workflow with the Force. The current solution to pad tap is by way of several steps which is annoying and not the same on Force as it is on MPC but because of these approaches, MPC and Force will not merge. Have you notice that years after it's release the Force still can't utilize the MPC software other than to download kits? Yep, it ain't happening.
By aes-one Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 am
lol obviously i dont mean the force and mpc are merging into the same thing with the same exact functionality. that would not make business sense. merge was the wrong word. they both have their niches and their competitive advantages will suffer by merging them to have the exact same functionality and workflow. they are clearly able to translate projects across each other so im glad i can finally do this with my force. glad its finally happening, i always knew it was possible!
By misterflibble Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:13 am
coffeesounds wrote:Fun fact: if you open an MPC project in Force, and then save it - the converted project file name has MPC3 suffix.

Orrrrrrllllllllly! That is intriguing as ****. Now all we need is an accidental photo of Scott Storch up on Insta and we’ll all know it’s for real, LOL.

Seriously: as a guy who owns both a Force and an MPC Live I’m really excited about being able to take ideas I cooked up on the MPC and open them back at the studio on the Force. I hope Akai gets it right as things progress and gets us an OS that’s the best of both worlds (and stable, of course… for the love of god we could use some stable firmware).
By fmq75 Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:50 am
J-Fly wrote:The selling point of the Force is to be able to perform two separate tasks at the same time one via the screen and the other via the pads. This is why adding pad tap sampling was not possible. Not because Akai couldn't add it but because it would defeat the way they want you to think and incorporate the workflow with the Force. The current solution to pad tap is by way of several steps which is annoying and not the same on Force as it is on MPC but because of these approaches, MPC and Force will not merge. Have you notice that years after it's release the Force still can't utilize the MPC software other than to download kits? Yep, it ain't happening.

Three, actually. You can split the pads into clip and note mode. I like that.

I‘m new to force but i already like it much more than my one. Not sure i‘ll even keep the One anymore.