Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Jeraldderiev Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:08 am
Hello people,

I would like to ask if any of you have some experience mastering and recording vocals on force. I want to mix, master and rec my vocals all in the force. I think looking for simplicity it's what I need now.

Do you have any advice in this sense?
By Jeraldderiev Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:24 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Guess that would be me..hehe :-D
@Lampdog Thanks man :wink:
https://www.yorgosarabatzis.space/store

Yes, I bought your Templates today earlier. I am trying to put your presets in an already made project. But it's sounds all wrong even when I checked everything is as in templates. I tried your Vox presets on my vocal one and also sounds wrong. I try to do a new song beginning from the template to see what will be the results. I wonder why my existing projects doest sound well.

Also wanting to sing directly in Force and I wonder if in your template there is something for vocal recording. I wonder if the vox presets is there for that.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Jeraldderiev wrote:There is actually a weird rumbling. What is creating this issues you think?

You first need to comprehend the workflow and signal path..Even a single parameter is off (like an output for example) then everything will sound like sh*%#..You can contact me anytime to help you out..Trust me it’s worth it!
Because Force’s architecture is different than the MPC a user transferred my template to his force and sent me the project file (I don’t own a Force)
Let me know if you want me to send it to you..
By Jeraldderiev Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
Jeraldderiev wrote:There is actually a weird rumbling. What is creating this issues you think?

You first need to comprehend the workflow and signal path..Even a single parameter is off (like an output for example) then everything will sound like sh*%#..You can contact me anytime to help you out..Trust me it’s worth it!
Because Force’s architecture is different than the MPC a user transferred my template to his force and sent me the project file (I don’t own a Force)

Ohh I understand. Yes I thought maybe the problem comes from there. Can you send me the file? I on you with the mail I bought your or send you a mail now.
By JeanLive Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 pm
If you are running Force OS 3.2.1 or later the YA mastering template will import perfectly to the force.

As I'm still learning the Force and not totally at ease with the master section (yet) the above approach seems to work much better for me than when I was adding to a existing project. I can then import tracks from earlier project.

And yes, it does take some time to get the best out of the mastering template - if you are getting 'rumbling' (sounds like distortion on low/bassy or heavy reverb-ed sounds) it almost certainly the track levels that need backing off.
By Jeraldderiev Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:07 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:

Thanks man, I really like the result!
By K. Rah Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:29 pm
Hey Yorgos! I'm excited about these templates, and picked them up just now. Great idea and I can't wait to check out.

but I can't get them to load on my force. In the pdf I see that the templates are compatible with the live/x, or "computer/controller based system including akai force".

Im hoping to use these in standalone on the Force. I tried doing it both the hard way and easy way, and I'm not getting results. currently on 3.2.3 firmware.

thanks!
By Jeraldderiev Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:46 pm
K. Rah wrote:Hey Yorgos! I'm excited about these templates, and picked them up just now. Great idea and I can't wait to check out.

but I can't get them to load on my force. In the pdf I see that the templates are compatible with the live/x, or "computer/controller based system including akai force".

Im hoping to use these in standalone on the Force. I tried doing it both the hard way and easy way, and I'm not getting results. currently on 3.2.3 firmware.

thanks!

I think the problmemes comes from the IO of subs, if they are and output 2 put them on 3,4. They where in 2 for me, and I putted them on 3,4 and that corrected a lot of issues. And as they said also, to bring down your volume, mostly the bass helps also. I am begging to have some good results.