Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 pm
No you are buggin the crap out. The MPC live/X don't have DISK STREAMING! Am l right? But we do have ram. Why you writing a book dude? I know my Crap so what the hell are you talking about.

So Akai didnt supply Disk Stream so at least can make a mod with the ram :WTF:

Cclong wrote:

Disk streaming would make it possible to have your 128 audio tracks (as audio tracks dont run in active captute as you cant add LFOs or time stretching. Calm down and learn about audio technology and maybe this will be a productive conversation about the hardware. Im certainly not bugging : BM3 has unlimited audio tracks and runs smoothly on 2gb hardware. You are the one bugging , and this all reminds me of macho dick-size RAM posturing . Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:04 pm
How does this effect the MPC/APC which OS runs on top of LINUX?
Cclong wrote:*Watches 19H1 come out at the same time Danica get power PC. Says “I told you so!!!” Without understanding understanding with an FLS slot is, or how Microsoft has just completely revamped the kernel to better allocate CPU and memory to DLL files.
By Eyalc Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:20 am
Cclong wrote:Danoc ... do you even know what disk streaming is ? It makes it so you dont have to load audio files into the active RAM, making it available for use on tools that require it for computing.

Disk streaming would make it possible to have your 128 audio tracks (as audio tracks dont run in active captute as you cant add LFOs or time stretching. Calm down and learn about audio technology and maybe this will be a productive conversation about the hardware. Im certainly not bugging : BM3 has unlimited audio tracks and runs smoothly on 2gb hardware. You are the one bugging , and this all reminds me of macho dick-size RAM posturing . Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.

I don’t think anyone is disputing disk streaming is a great thing to have, and as an approach for allowing more audio tracks, I think you’re right that it would be better to implement it than allow for user-upgradeable RAM. I like that option better as well because disk streaming can be delivered with a software update (I assume), but expandable RAM means a new hardware model. But points for expandable (or just more) RAM aren’t about disk streaming, they are about plugins. Because even with disk streaming, the plugins can’t require more than 2gb RAM (like Waves for example). This of course, assumes that 3rd party plugins would be an option one day.

I’m not asking this next question to be annoying. I’m genuinely curious, because as you know, “unlimited audio tracks” is more about the programming than what’s actually possible. How many audio tracks can you actually create and playback on the 2gb RAM? And does BM3 use disk streaming? Forgive me I don’t know what BM3 is. And definitely understand if you don’t have time (or desire) to test it. Like I said, I’m just curious.
By Danoc Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 am
Profoundly said :worthy:

BM3 is Beat Maker ver.3

Eyalc wrote:I don’t think anyone is disputing disk streaming is a great thing to have, and as an approach for allowing more audio tracks, I think you’re right that it would be better to implement it than allow for user-upgradeable RAM. I like that option better as well because disk streaming can be delivered with a software update (I assume), but expandable RAM means a new hardware model. But points for expandable (or just more) RAM aren’t about disk streaming, they are about plugins. Because even with disk streaming, the plugins can’t require more than 2gb RAM (like Waves for example). This of course, assumes that 3rd party plugins would be an option one day.

I’m not asking this next question to be annoying. I’m genuinely curious, because as you know, “unlimited audio tracks” is more about the programming than what’s actually possible. How many audio tracks can you actually create and playback on the 2gb RAM? And does BM3 use disk streaming? Forgive me I don’t know what BM3 is. And definitely understand if you don’t have time (or desire) to test it. Like I said, I’m just curious.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:37 am
Danoc wrote:Profoundly said :worthy:

BM3 is Beat Maker ver.3

Eyalc wrote:I don’t think anyone is disputing disk streaming is a great thing to have, and as an approach for allowing more audio tracks, I think you’re right that it would be better to implement it than allow for user-upgradeable RAM. I like that option better as well because disk streaming can be delivered with a software update (I assume), but expandable RAM means a new hardware model. But points for expandable (or just more) RAM aren’t about disk streaming, they are about plugins. Because even with disk streaming, the plugins can’t require more than 2gb RAM (like Waves for example). This of course, assumes that 3rd party plugins would be an option one day.

Disk Streaming is a great option to add, however it's still slower than loading sounds into RAM. This is one of the main reason, I used a 64 bit OS and max out the RAM. Disk streaming was great when most OS's were 32 bit and could only read a certain amount of ram. However now most OS's are 64 Bit and it will see as much RAM as you can throw at it or choose to allocate for it.

My goals are quick loading times, solid stability, and no hesitations. I aim for peak performance with the lowest possible latency. I don't want to have to adjust buffers for playback and mixing. I don't want to wait 4 minutes for Sample Set to load. Now as a test, I did push my rig to the limit, but I threw everything that I could at it.

I've worked with orchestral session and it was rare we ever went over 70 Tracks. Even then, we ended up grouping/busing most tracks down to 10 tracks anyway. Some of those mix session took 2 months to finish. :lol: :lol: :lol: Personally I still believe anyone using over 32 tracks, on a standard song have no idea what they are doing.

For the APC, I hope the Ethernet port does allows for more audio outs in standalone mode.
By machinesworking Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:37 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:I don’t think anyone is disputing disk streaming is a great thing to have, and as an approach for allowing more audio tracks, I think you’re right that it would be better to implement it than allow for user-upgradeable RAM. I like that option better as well because disk streaming can be delivered with a software update (I assume), but expandable RAM means a new hardware model. But points for expandable (or just more) RAM aren’t about disk streaming, they are about plugins. Because even with disk streaming, the plugins can’t require more than 2gb RAM (like Waves for example). This of course, assumes that 3rd party plugins would be an option one day.

I’m not asking this next question to be annoying. I’m genuinely curious, because as you know, “unlimited audio tracks” is more about the programming than what’s actually possible. How many audio tracks can you actually create and playback on the 2gb RAM?
[/quote]
Almost every sampler loads a certain amount of an audio file into RAM, then streams the rest. This is the same with modern DAWs and disc streaming. A good comparison for the MPC would be Ableton Live, which does exactly that for it's clips. You can choose how it does it etc. Hopefully this is what happens with the software in the MPCs and with the APC etc.
I had not real issues with loading an almost 4GB Live Set in the early 2000's on a MacBook pro with only 4GB RAM. A good portion of the set was need to end 16 bit audio files of backing tracks.

I might be along in hoping they only implement their own plug ins with the stand alone. I would like this thing to be as rock solid as they can make it. If I want multiple manufacturers writing code and the complexity plug power of that along with the problems and conflicts it brings, I can use the computer.
By machinesworking Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 am
Danoc wrote:Yes l know.
Let me ask you a question did YOU read where l said disk streaming is dope? Had you read that you would not have asked me that nonsensical question!

Danoc wrote:Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that.

If you're wondering why people are "confused", it's because you're posting this sort of thing, then going on the attack when people try to explain that AKAI solving a software issue (disc streaming), with the freaking hardware we have now solves your track issues, not more RAM.
You know, on the device you have, not on the device they might put out you say you won't buy. IMO, in general, you're a bit of a bully, or at least you're being one in this thread. Hope that works out well for you.
By Danoc Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:44 am
HOLD UP! I went from don't know what lm talking about to bully? :lol:

Yo that is ridiculous! Again you're buggin hard! People know me know lm not that.

Things are working out for!

Have a great nite

machinesworking wrote: IMO, in general, you're a bit of a BULLY, or at least you're being one in this thread. Hope that works out well for you.
By Danoc Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:53 am
That's why lm getting a new computer andblow it out! Im not worried about Akai l got things to do.
Im not basing my studio around the Live.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Disk Streaming is a great option to add, however it's still slower than loading sounds into RAM. This is one of the main reason, I used a 64 bit OS and max out the RAM. Disk streaming was great when most OS's were 32 bit and could only read a certain amount of ram. However now most OS's are 64 Bit and it will see as much RAM as you can throw at it or choose to allocate for it.

My goals are quick loading times, solid stability, and no hesitations. I aim for peak performance with the lowest possible latency. I don't want to have to adjust buffers for playback and mixing. I don't want to wait 4 minutes for Sample Set to load. Now as a test, I did push my rig to the limit, but I threw everything that I could at it.

I've worked with orchestral session and it was rare we ever went over 70 Tracks. Even then, we ended up grouping/busing most tracks down to 10 tracks anyway. Some of those mix session took 2 months to finish. :lol: :lol: :lol: Personally I still believe anyone using over 32 tracks, on a standard song have no idea what they are doing.

For the APC, I hope the Ethernet port does allows for more audio outs in standalone mode.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 am
machinesworking wrote:Almost every sampler loads a certain amount of an audio file into RAM, then streams the rest. This is the same with modern DAWs and disc streaming. A good comparison for the MPC would be Ableton Live, which does exactly that for it's clips. You can choose how it does it etc. Hopefully this is what happens with the software in the MPCs and with the APC etc.

You quoted me, however the quote/question was EYLAC. :-D

I don't any Hardware Standalone sampler the Stream from disk. I'm not sure if any standalone MPC has ever had Disk Streaming. (Correct me if I'm wrong. ) This is the reason why it's tough to compare Ableton LIve and a hardware MPC. Unless you're talking about the MPC Software.

Personally, I feel disk streaming is the way to go, that way the RAM is only used for running the OS and DATA. I wonder if they will allow Disk Streaming via the internal SSD and/or over USB ports? Also what would happen when the MPC is being used in controller mode?

Danoc wrote:That's why lm getting a new computer andblow it out! Im not worried about Akai l got things to do. I'm not basing my studio around the Live.

Best to build it around the most capable and flexible piece of gear in the studio. DESKTOP COMPUTER WINS! :-D
By Fanu Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:I don't any Hardware Standalone sampler the Stream from disk. I'm not sure if any standalone MPC has ever had Disk Streaming. (Correct me if I'm wrong. )

Octatrack can do it. That's why so many seem to favor it for live play.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:57 am
Fanu wrote:Octatrack can do it. That's why so many seem to favor it for live play.
I wonder if that's because the Octatrack is very particular with what it can do. With it's limited functions, Elektron is able to zero in on what it does great. Does it stream from the CF card?

However with the MPC LIVE/X it's like people want to throw everything at it. Loop, Chop samples, stream 8 track audio, push external gear, use the cv out, patch all the effects and internal instruments and record vocals all at once. :lol: