Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By NearTao Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm
Not for me... but I know plenty of folks who will be interested, depending on how it handles clips and sequencing. It might be a good notepad for building sequences you made on the X/Live. With what looks like OLED on the QLINKS, a ton of pads, I highly doubt this is below the $1200 MSRP of the Live though... my guess is $1600 MSRP.
By zangetsu01 Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Someone has to say it, To me it looks like the inspiration bottle was empty while designing this thing. Danoc is right, at least give it a tilt screen or give it a 30 degree angle standard. Might turnout to be a functional piece of gear but damn..

Depending on it's features Tutor
might have to add a section to the forum for this thing.
Bymember04959388 Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:46 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Someone has to say it, To me it looks like the inspiration bottle was empty while designing this thing. Danoc is right, at least give it a tilt screen or give it a 30 degree angle standard. Might turnout to be a functional piece of gear but damn..

Ah no, it is a marketing choice to take Push customers and bring them into Akai world.
They are not making anything new, it is just an Mpc variation.
By kaydigi Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Someone has to say it, To me it looks like the inspiration bottle was empty while designing this thing. Danoc is right, at least give it a tilt screen or give it a 30 degree angle standard. Might turnout to be a functional piece of gear but damn..

The Live should have had a tilt screen.
By BBB Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 pm
Looks like ass, they need to hire some proper industrial designers.

And this will take dev time away from the Live and X, as the developers will now have to work to implement support for this device...
By kaydigi Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Image

I wonder if the Qlinks In sample edit mode will be able to be rearranged now. Since the physical qlinks are horizontal and not vertical like the Live/studio.

Who the hell wants 4 different start speeds and not start - end speeds without shifting with the qlink button.