Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm
Lampdog wrote:
But this...... in Masada's vid.


Not sure how but Masada used it together with the X..
User avatar
By Lampdog Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:36 pm
I saw X in the vid and heard they work great together but I thought for sure he loaded up
sounds in Force and used them there.
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:45 pm
Lampdog wrote:I saw X in the vid and heard they work great together but I thought for sure he loaded up
sounds in Force and used them there.


I’m sure this question will be asked tomorrow at NAMM..
By hellnegative Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm
If theres no ability to build an arrangement, I will be cancelling my pre-order. I messaged the Akai little help chat box on the Akai website and they assured me that all was the same with the exception of the added clip launcher. Guess the Akai rep flat out lied.
By Chillin Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm
Here is a better one, by Sweetwater. It gives deeper insight into questions people have about this device.




And annoteer one by BBoy Tech Report.

By J-Fly Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:29 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:I can say this is a quite nice video on it.



He works for or with Akai Pro, you can't trust that review. It's a conflict of interest. The fact he says nothing about how it works with software, midi, software bugs, work flow issues, input/outputs, what it's missing, etc etc. Reviewer should not be connected to the company or have a working relationship with them.

This is a DEMO just like his Akai Fire Demos.

This is one of the negative opinions that people in other forums and on YouTube have about this guy is that he's a primary FL Studio user and he's reviewing a device that will in some way be used for Ableton Live. I haven't watched his Akai Fire review because I have no desire to but people are saying that it is also scripted. I'm preordering the Akai Force but I'll keep my MPC Live temporarily in case there are features that only Live can do but the Force appears to mimic my exact workflow.
User avatar
By Danoc Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 pm
I been in the game for a while l know whats up. I just enjoyed it. Im not getting that product.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
He works for or with Akai Pro, you can't trust that review. It's a conflict of interest. The fact he says nothing about how it works with software, midi, software bugs, work flow issues, input/outputs, what it's missing, etc etc. Reviewer should not be connected to the company or have a working relationship with them.

This is a DEMO just like his Akai Fire Demos.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:23 pm
J-Fly wrote:This is one of the negative opinions that people in other forums and on YouTube have about this guy is that he's a primary FL Studio user and he's reviewing a device that will in some way be used for Ableton Live. I haven't watched his Akai Fire review because I have no desire to but people are saying that it is also scripted. I'm preordering the Akai Force but I'll keep my MPC Live temporarily in case there are features that only Live can do but the Force appears to mimic my exact workflow.


His Akai Fire videos are demo and instructional videos, not reviews. He did abide by FTC guidelines, however his opinion on the product is still a conflict of interest. It's not in the best interest of the public. Kind of like having the Lawyer (Son) and Judge (Father) on the same case.

He lied by saying it's not a sponsored video, when it 100% is.


Danoc wrote:I been in the game for a while l know whats up. I just enjoyed it. Im not getting that product.

You know, but for the general public do not.
By machinesworking Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm
hellnegative wrote:If theres no ability to build an arrangement, I will be cancelling my pre-order. I messaged the Akai little help chat box on the Akai website and they assured me that all was the same with the exception of the added clip launcher. Guess the Akai rep flat out lied.

They are being super vague about how well it will integrate into the software, but they did mention that both the MPCs and Force are getting a new arrangement window in an upcoming update to the MPC software they run on, only the MPCs will also keep the old Sequence window they have now.
Not saying you should purchase based on this, personally I don't buy vaporware even from reputable companies. They lie, all the time, but yes at some point in the nebulous future, Force will get an arrangement page.