Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By J-Fly Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm
I didn't want to have two devices that are somewhat similar so I sold my MPC Live. I can use some of that money to pay of the Force.........maybe. I just hope some updates are coming soon.
By d2ba Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:25 am
I ended up getting both the MPC-X and Force and a Denon X1800 as a mixer and sound card
Im personally using the Force a lot more than X so ultimately i may sell the X and replace it with a second Force
By Elohimfetus Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:43 am
I went with the Force because my main DAW is Ableton, so I needed something that is compatible. Eventually, the Force will export Ableton Projects. The MPC's export features don't really suffice when it comes to working with Ableton.

If you are starting from ground zero and you don't use other DAWs the MPC software may be all you need. You can use other VST plugins for mixing and mastering.

If you want an MPC I'd go with the X, because you can run 8 channels out to an Analog summing mixer.
By J-Fly Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Elohimfetus wrote:I went with the Force because my main DAW is Ableton, so I needed something that is compatible. Eventually, the Force will export Ableton Projects. The MPC's export features don't really suffice when it comes to working with Ableton.

If you are starting from ground zero and you don't use other DAWs the MPC software may be all you need. You can use other VST plugins for mixing and mastering.

If you want an MPC I'd go with the X, because you can run 8 channels out to an Analog summing mixer.

I've had the Force since release and it's starting to become useless to me without Ableton integration. I'm trying to be patient but in the meantime I'm saving up for a MPC X just in case this Ableton thing doesn't fall through.
By kaydigi Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm
About to order a force today, I plan to use in tandem with the live. I’m probably going to put a 1tb ssd in it and autosample a lot of my Kontak library.

I sold my Maschine Jam, Maschine Mk3, and push 2. Nothing wrong with the push 2 and Mk3 but the jam is worthless since it can’t have an independent view from the software and other Maschine controllers.