Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By godlike Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Well, I received the Force yesterday. It is well-built and will probably work for some but not me. I was hoping to use it as an extension to my MPC X--similarly to how the Maschine Jam is used to extend Maschine. This is not the case with the Force and X combo in computer mode.

I will be sending it back.
By SupremeSoulstice Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:46 pm
You had it one day bro. I could be wrong but I thought I seen somewhere that it was only able to be used as a standalone device or connected to Ableton at the time of release? You must've missed that part.
By Cockdiesel Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 pm
yea, theres an update coming soon. masada shows it in his video day in the life of a beta tester. Look at the menu compared to your current one.
By kaydigi Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm
godlike wrote:Well, I received the Force yesterday. It is well-built and will probably work for some but not me. I was hoping to use it as an extension to my MPC X--similarly to how the Maschine Jam is used to extend Maschine. This is not the case with the Force and X combo in computer mode.

I will be sending it back.

You did the 3.0.1 update also?
By godlike Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 am
Yes, I did the update. I did not return it yet but it is in the box ready to go.
Bymember04959388 Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 pm
godlike wrote:Yes, I did the update. I did not return it yet but it is in the box ready to go.

What's wrong with it exactly?
What didn't you like of it?
I am just curious.
By Destro One Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm
I'm not being cute, nor am I trying to be mean.

Just honest.

You made a post to say you're returning it because......it's not for you.

Unless you're going to explain why you returned it, and why it wasn't for you, this is spam and should be deleted.
By Danoc Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:26 pm
I know why he's returning it. He thought it was an MPC :lol: :nod:
By J-Fly Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:17 am
I have the opposite reaction. So far I like the Force more than my MPC Live and may be ready to put the Live up for sale. I’ll be testing out the sampling and turntable capability tonight. If that’s to my liking then it’s a wrap. Before the Force announcement I was considering upgrading to the MPC X.
By kaydigi Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 am
Destro One wrote:I'm not being cute, nor am I trying to be mean.

Just honest.

You made a post to say you're returning it because......it's not for you.

Unless you're going to explain why you returned it, and why it wasn't for you, this is spam and should be deleted.

Danoc wrote:I know why he's returning it. He thought it was an MPC :lol: :nod:

He said it doesn’t compliment the mpc like the Maschine Jam does the Maschine in computer mode.

When using Maschine Jam it gives you a lot of options similar to the force. So if you have a keyboard program open in maschine, the maschine jam goes into notes mode automatically so you can play cords.

Maschine lets you use multiple controllers at the same time, too bad they are all locked to softwares focus. So you can’t have a drum program on maschine and note mode in the Jam.
By Danoc Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:25 am
What l said was a joke.

But for me l only need one machine and that's the Live.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:20 am
Danoc wrote:What l said was a joke.

You don’t want 5 midi controller drum pads, sitting on your desktop. Pretending like they do different things, when in fact they do the same thing. lol: :lol:
By Danoc Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 am
kaydigi wrote:If you find the Force for 959 you know you’re copping.

Hell naw :lol:
I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me for free.

Wait.... Yeah l would then l would sell it to some sucka who would then sell it causebhe thought it was like the MPC :lol:
By Danoc Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:What l said was a joke.

You don’t want 5 midi controller drum pads, sitting on your desktop. Pretending like they do different things, when in fact they do the same thing. lol: :lol:

:lol: