Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Unreallystic Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm
J-Fly wrote:I have the opposite reaction. So far I like the Force more than my MPC Live and may be ready to put the Live up for sale. I’ll be testing out the sampling and turntable capability tonight. If that’s to my liking then it’s a wrap. Before the Force announcement I was considering upgrading to the MPC X.

If the Force had a battery, I'd be right there with you. Finally got some more reps on it yesterday, and I feel so much more at home now than I ever have on the MPC, but needing to pull out wires and find a plug actually was more of a distraction than I thought it owuld be when it came to just "getting time in".

As for OP, I've seen the Force used with the X, and it seemed "fine", though it felt like overkill for what it was functioning as. I'd wager that unless the Force was being used as stand alone, its a glorified keyboard.
- Unreall
By hellnegative Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Unreallystic wrote:
J-Fly wrote:I have the opposite reaction. So far I like the Force more than my MPC Live and may be ready to put the Live up for sale. I’ll be testing out the sampling and turntable capability tonight. If that’s to my liking then it’s a wrap. Before the Force announcement I was considering upgrading to the MPC X.

If the Force had a battery, I'd be right there with you. Finally got some more reps on it yesterday, and I feel so much more at home now than I ever have on the MPC, but needing to pull out wires and find a plug actually was more of a distraction than I thought it owuld be when it came to just "getting time in".

As for OP, I've seen the Force used with the X, and it seemed "fine", though it felt like overkill for what it was functioning as. I'd wager that unless the Force was being used as stand alone, its a glorified keyboard.
- Unreall

I am trying to find an FAA friendly battery bank now that has a 110/115 outlet on it. Currently I fly Delta (so I always have an outlet in flight), but would like to have the chance to take the Force out in the wild.