Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By emdog Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm
Does anyone know if it's possible to record live into a clip? For example, playing a guitar or keyboard, and capturing it directly into a clip? I read the manual and it only mentions software instruments when referring to clip mode recording. I know there is a looper mode, but I wanted to be able to directly record into any clip I want.

I don't have a force....so all I could do is read the manual...

thanks for your help
By Cockdiesel Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm
it records like ableton. pres the clip and it starts recording on whatever type of track. its different to get used to. Definitely not the same work flow as MPC , reminds me of a mix between ableton, a 404 and some bad ass keyboard controller. thats really where it shines for me is with the different note modes. It's an instrument in a unique way that a MPC is. They have alot to work on though. All I really need is the ableton integration, which I seen on masada's video so only a matter of time.
By d2ba Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:17 am
Cockdiesel wrote:it records like ableton. pres the clip and it starts recording on whatever type of track. its different to get used to. Definitely not the same work flow as MPC , reminds me of a mix between ableton, a 404 and some bad ass keyboard controller. thats really where it shines for me is with the different note modes. It's an instrument in a unique way that a MPC is. They have alot to work on though. All I really need is the ableton integration, which I seen on masada's video so only a matter of time.

Do you have an Akai Force?