Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 pm

MPC-Samples.com has a growing collection of MPC Expansions which are fully compatible with the Akai Force including many multisampled acoustic instruments, drum kits and synths, all ready-to-load and fully compatible with Note Mode.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... ions-kits/

All expansions feature a drag and drop 'standalone' expansion installer which places the expansion in the Force's browser under the 'Expansions' tab.

Grab the free Reaper Upright Bass Expansion to get started!
By TeotiGraphix Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Hey,

I was curious "how" you create an installer for the Force?

I read your docs on creating an Expansion Pack but the it couldn't find how to create a standalone installer and actually get it onto the Force.

EDIT : Sorry, I totally missed your single paragraph about this. I am having problems with actually installing it on the Force with the 'Expansions' folder on the USB key.
By TeotiGraphix Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm
I figured out I was missing the concept of "install". The Force just reads from the USB "Expansions" directory and just needs to be mounted for the expansion to show up in the browser.

Sorry for the noise.
By Oscar1 Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:45 am
I think this is often made too complicated. The Force and MPC are very friendly and whatever you put on your SSD or SD under whatever folder will be still accessible in Places. Making it an expansion is a bit extra step that makes Force and MPC display a little thumbnail and sort it under Expansions. If you have MPC software you can use the expansion builder but I found out that is just totally unnecessary. I mean for commercial project yes, nice to have thumbnail and sample play, but for your own stuff - just sort it to folders as you feel fit and all is good.
By Zack Zerox Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:50 pm
Are there plans for more MIDI drum packs apart from the funk & hiphop ones? I like many of the ones bundled with the 1977 kit but would like more of them - eg disco, there's only a handful there.

I never bothered with importing midi files with my Live, because it's a pain in the arse, but it works pretty nicely with Force.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 am
Zack Zerox wrote:Are there plans for more MIDI drum packs apart from the funk & hiphop ones? I like many of the ones bundled with the 1977 kit but would like more of them - eg disco, there's only a handful there.

I'll be including another collection of multi-genre patterns in my next acoustic drum kit release, should be ready within couple of weeks.

I'd love to bring out a range of pattern packs, each one targeting a specific genre (or at least closely related genres), although it really boils down to how many MPC/Force users are actually a) making disco and b) looking to buy disco drum patterns (this is the first time someone has asked me about this).

The MPC/Force market is relatively tiny so it's very easy to find yourself spending many weeks working on an expansion that unfortunately only interests a handful of people. Thinking out loud, I could perhaps reduce the risk by making smaller, lower priced expansions for these genres (e.g. 50 patterns)

Open to suggestions on which related genres I could combine with disco to widen the appeal.
By Zack Zerox Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:03 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Zack Zerox wrote:Are there plans for more MIDI drum packs apart from the funk & hiphop ones? I like many of the ones bundled with the 1977 kit but would like more of them - eg disco, there's only a handful there.

I'll be including another collection of multi-genre patterns in my next acoustic drum kit release, should be ready within couple of weeks.

I'd love to bring out a range of pattern packs, each one targeting a specific genre (or at least closely related genres), although it really boils down to how many MPC/Force users are actually a) making disco and b) looking to buy disco drum patterns (this is the first time someone has asked me about this).

The MPC/Force market is relatively tiny so it's very easy to find yourself spending many weeks working on an expansion that unfortunately only interests a handful of people. Thinking out loud, I could perhaps reduce the risk by making smaller, lower priced expansions for these genres (e.g. 50 patterns)

Open to suggestions on which related genres I could combine with disco to widen the appeal.

That makes sense, I guess there's a balance to be had... Personally I'm drawn towards disco style patterns (as an example - rock, pop stuff also works often) in a kind of new wave way - really simple but human patterns that sit well with electronica and rock and percussive layers. Think LCD Soundsystem type stuff, Talking Heads.

A lot of drum midi you find out there (toontrack and so on) tends to be much more busy and whenever I use them I have to simplify like hell!