Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Repro1305 Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm
I've got an instance of the hype synth playing a pad.
I made 2 rows of the same clip because there was some percussion changes in another clip that i wanted to have a new scene for. To be able to just launch the entire scene instead of the clips containing the new percussion individually, i just copied the pad clip to the next scene. The problem is that it seems like when you change clips, its not only the midi that cuts off like in ableton for example, its also the audio, and it does so instantly resulting in a click.
This also happens when you launch the exact same clip as part of a new scene ofc, and because both audio and midi is cut off when you stop a clip, it also results in the change over from one clip to the next sounding weird. For example the release portion of the envelops is cut off as the first clip stops and audio and midi is cut off, then the attack portion of the envelope fires with the new clip, leaving a gap.

I really hope this gets fixed... I can think of workarounds but i really hope they change this so its only the midi that gets cut off.