Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By GadgetboyProductions Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Does anyone have any insight into the timeline or roadmap for when updates can be expected?

The website says "shortly after international release" we'll get Ableton push functions etc..

The force is released internationally right? How "shortly" are we talking..?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm
No one knows these things, I suspect Akai doesn't know either. The developers just work on the latest release, and when they think it's ready, they release it.

As for 'internationally released', it's not currently available here in the UK and we're usually one of the first to get Akai products. Retailer advertised ETA is 2-3 weeks, but historically these retailer ETAs are taken with a pinch of salt.
By kaydigi Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:09 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:No one knows these things, I suspect Akai doesn't know either. The developers just work on the latest release, and when they think it's ready, they release it.

As for 'internationally released', it's not currently available here in the UK and we're usually one of the first to get Akai products. Retailer advertised ETA is 2-3 weeks, but historically these retailer ETAs are taken with a pinch of salt.

Wow it’s not in the UK yet, I heard a few people in Australia said it’s starting to trickle out over there. Really weird the UK hasn’t seen them yet.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:41 am
GadgetboyProductions wrote:I'm in Sheffield UK

I have my force.. Got it from Westend DJ

I think they fulfilled pre-orders with an initial batch, but that's that for the moment, everywhere is out of stock. Same thing happened with the Live, they fulfilled the pre orders then nothing was available for a 2-3 months (during which time the price went up by £250).
By Solapse Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 pm
Picked up mine two weeks ago from BopDJ in Bristol. Called ahead to make sure it was there and paid in store.
By GadgetboyProductions Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 pm
Sadly I still don't have a clue when this is coming. Does anyone else?

I sold my push and I'm sorely missing being able to control Ableton. Also, I had to track beats from the Force into Ableton audio channels last night.. what a drag. Where is .ALS support???

I really love the Force, just a bit disappointed to not have everything promised. That said, I do hear that Akai are particularly excited about the roadmap for this product so I guess "good things come to those who wait" right?
By J-Fly Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:45 pm
GadgetboyProductions wrote:Sadly I still don't have a clue when this is coming. Does anyone else?

I sold my push and I'm sorely missing being able to control Ableton. Also, I had to track beats from the Force into Ableton audio channels last night.. what a drag. Where is .ALS support???

I really love the Force, just a bit disappointed to not have everything promised. That said, I do hear that Akai are particularly excited about the roadmap for this product so I guess "good things come to those who wait" right?

I'm thinking the next update will come before fall.
By GadgetboyProductions Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:34 am
OMFG! hahahahaha.

if it's not here in a month I'll be annoyed.. fall?? nah..

J-Fly wrote:
GadgetboyProductions wrote:Sadly I still don't have a clue when this is coming. Does anyone else?

I'm thinking the next update will come before fall.
By J-Fly Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm
I wanted to not get my hopes up so why not post a date that is far in the future? If I recall correctly, it took a long time before there was a major update for MPC Live/X.
By GadgetboyProductions Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:26 pm
J-Fly wrote:I wanted to not get my hopes up so why not post a date that is far in the future? If I recall correctly, it took a long time before there was a major update for MPC Live/X.

Sorry due, didn't mean to offend. I guess hedging your bets is the safe option. My reaction was because of the statement on Akai's website that says the following..

"Attention all Ableton Live enthusiasts! Shortly after its international release, Force’s development program includes a pivotal update that guarantees one-for-one control of all core production and performance functionality within Ableton Live. From total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix to tactile control of core mixer and device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace, Force forms the beating heart of your creativity, guaranteeing immediate, effortless integration within your existing setup."

that can't be fall can it? I really hope not.

I'm still hoping for late March early April.
By J-Fly Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm
There's a review posted that does not give any news on when the update is coming but lists some interesting details as to what to expect including: Additionally, Force will act as a Push-style controller for Live on a connected computer, going as far as to show Live’s interface on the touch display.

https://www.musictech.net/reviews/contr ... nal-force/
By juice Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:57 pm
Yup, it's up on the AKAI site. I knew something was up when they said their site would be down for routine maintenance earlier this week. No release notes, so I don't know about everything they updated, but it looks like they're advertising "SPLICE integration."