Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By EnochLight Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:34 am
Allin wrote:It has only 2GB ram, it should have gotten 4GB ram. I run out of ram all the time which is pretty frustrating.

Would love to see/hear these projects that keep pushing your Force out of all ram. Are you trying to use your Force as an 8-track recorder? Can you share/post a video demonstrating your issues?
By ace_of_dub Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am
Tronlady wrote:What seems to happen is when you utilize the undo feature, the undo's recordings still are stored in RAM until you save/close/reopen the project. I tend to use Undo a bit as its a fantastic feature, but this is what was causing my sessions to max out with less than 20 minutes of audio recorded.

This is brilliant info thanks! This makes me wonder about RETROSPECTIVE RECORD???. Is there any way to turn this off ? Surely this feature is overkill on a device like this with very limited RAM ??

Retrospective record is only for MIDI, not audio, so it shouldn't impact the RAM significantly.