Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Electro Clash Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Hello!
Is there a “sample pool” where we can find sample we load as in MPCs?

I.e.
We are placed on a Drum Track: if we go on load and previously we DON’T change the position highlighted on the clip (A1, A2, A3, etc...) it seems that the new sample is going to overwrite the previous one.
So it seems we are uploading many samples on the same “pad” (like A1) but the second is overwriting the previous.

So how can we make a layered drum?

And what about a key group program?
If we are placed on it and we try to load a sample nothing happens, in fact if I go on “program edit” I don’t see any sample on it and the drop down menu with samples doesn’t work .. :hmmm:

Thank you
By GadgetboyProductions Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 pm
when loading a sample hold shift and "load to pool" then when in your drum program you can assign each sample you loaded to the pool to a different layer.

I did a fun thing yesterday where I loaded 4 different bass samples into the pool. Added each one of these to a different layer in a keygroup and had the force cycle through these samples on each pad tap while using the arpeggiator to make a nice loop.

Hope the first bit answers your question :-)
By DJW Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:48 pm
Hi there, maybe someone could help out: Is there a way to load multiple samples to the sample pool? I want to create a drum kit with various samples, but "Load to pool"-function with "Shift" does only allow loading one file after another. No way to mark all and then load to pool?
Thanks for your help!
By Lampdog Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:23 pm
DJW wrote:....but "Load to pool"-function with "Shift" does only allow loading one file after another.....
Thanks for your help!

On MPC X you can do this same thing w/ SHIFT and load a whole folder. There's no way to "mark" files to load. Load one or load a folder is what I see on MPC X and MPC Keys61