Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cockdiesel Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:43 am
I bought the quick lok roller stand people been using with the mpc x and sp1200 for years it was under 100 bucks.

the link you had looks cool but doesn't seem practical to me to be on a table top. maybe on something that sits and knee height when sitting, but that would be really tough angle on your typical desk.

YMMV as always.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I bought the quick lok roller stand ..........

Been using it for years and there is nothing better imo.

Cockdiesel wrote:the link you had looks cool but doesn't seem practical to me to be on a table top. maybe on something that sits and knee height when sitting, but that would be really tough angle on your typical desk.

Options are good, but I feel the same as you here. +1
By J-Fly Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:53 pm
I actually have the Quick Lok 400 stand collecting dust. Maybe I should use it when I move the Force into the studio.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 am
You should, adjust height, adjust width, everything adjusted, lock wheels, bangout.

No tabletop stand will give you that flexibility. I understand people wanna be diff or not follow the crowd, BUT, sometimes there is simply nothing better. Me saying that means something cause I am a minimalist, not a crowd follower and I’ve been hating almost everything for 17yrs.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am
Lampdog wrote:You should, adjust height, adjust width, everything adjusted, lock wheels, bangout.

No tabletop stand will give you that flexibility. I understand people wanna be diff or not follow the crowd, BUT, sometimes there is simply nothing better. Me saying that means something cause I am a minimalist, not a crowd follower and I’ve been hating almost everything for 17yrs.

My only issue with Quick Lok stands is that they wobble to much for me. For the Akai Force I say try the
DW 9000 Series Airlift Snare/Tom Stand, Ludwig Atlas Pro II Snare Stand, or DW 9399 Heavy Duty Tom/Snare Stand.

He could take the Force to Guitar Center, Sam Ash, or better yet a drum store and place it on the stands and see which one is the best fit, with the least amount of wobble.
By Unreallystic Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 pm
My studio has been through mad configurations in the past 5 years. Eventually I took over the main room of the basement and built a table for my gear. Eventually I went all in once I saw that "it was real", and invested in myself, getting the 4K screen and all that, seperating my setup once again. I moved my 4'x4' table and put the 4k screen on tv stand about 5' up. All was good, but something just didn't feel right. I kept looking at that Quik Lok stand, bought it for the at the time - incoming DJ-505. When it arrived I tried the Push 2 on it and fell in love.

Fast forward and I completely abandoned my custom table and just use a chair + the Quik Lok for my studio and love it. I was too programmed into feeling as though I needed a desk, but if your screen doesn't need a desk, I mean, do you? The only thing I had to do was find a mouse solution as I use my mouse frequently, so I got a mouse - desk attachment and affixed it to the side of my stand,

I kind of want a second stand, but if I get my way with my wife, I won't need it as I'll be splitting my gear up.

I dunno, those stands often look real good, but when I just used the Amazon stand to hold my Push at an angle (and I tried it with Force too, it was unnecessary to have at an angle frankly) for less than $20 - it was the move. Enough of those stands add up to a new piece of gear...
- Unreall
By Lampdog Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 pm
You sound like me when I first got my quik lok and 2kxl. Just scoot right up to it and get to business.

It's like....

By r4nd0m Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:00 pm
J-Fly wrote:I actually have the Quick Lok 400 stand collecting dust. Maybe I should use it when I move the Force into the studio.

I just got mine today - looks different to the older squared version, feels wobbly and doesnt really fit the Force either, each side plenty of space and the bottom pins just hit the casing - I wouldn’t consider it a good fit hence its going back ...

Any other suggestions?
By J-Fly Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:12 am
I’ve had the Mixing Table stand for a few months now and I like it. It’s very sturdy and I can bang my Force on it pretty hard. It’s possible that they may eventually make a cheaper one out composite material like they did with the Maschine Jam. There have been a few more popping up lately.

https://www.fonik.co.uk/products/black- ... akai-force

https://www.3dwaves.net/listing/3dwaves ... r/21962077
By r4nd0m Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:54 pm
J-Fly wrote:I’ve had the Mixing Table stand for a few months now and I like it. It’s very sturdy and I can bang my Force on it pretty hard. It’s possible that they may eventually make a cheaper one out composite material like they did with the Maschine Jam. There have been a few more popping up lately.

https://www.fonik.co.uk/products/black- ... akai-force

https://www.3dwaves.net/listing/3dwaves ... r/21962077

I just got the Fönik today - its quite nice bit pricier than the others but definitely quality stuff
By Roonan Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:06 am
r4nd0m wrote:
I just got the Fönik today - it's quite nice bit pricier than the others but definitely quality stuff

Looks very nice, but are you sure it's not blocking all the openings on the sides for ventilation?
By r4nd0m Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:31 pm
Roonan wrote:
r4nd0m wrote:
I just got the Fönik today - it's quite nice bit pricier than the others but definitely quality stuff

Looks very nice, but are you sure it's not blocking all the openings on the sides for ventilation?

its not it actually has gaps on both sides (width of the top of the cross fader) as its intended to also accommodate for the decksaver covers - dont notice any temperature changes, was worried initially myself ...
By CFM01 Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 pm
Not many options if you want to raise your force on the desk.
Fonik
3Dwaves
Akai Force Classic 28

Fonik and Classic 28 are £119 and €249

I’ve found Loci Classic works very well and around £44
https://loci.life/products/classic/
By karmacomposer Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:30 pm
I don't know about you, but I just bought this:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/ ... l-Surface/

It's cherry wood (the top is wood, everything else is metal), it tilts any way you need it, elevates any way you need it and fits the Force to a absolute 'T'!!! It has caster wheels that lock, so you can wheel it around if needed.

I have the right side shelf in the down position. I also used some simple folder clips (extra large) to allow my USB hard drive to sit on so as to not pull the USB cable.

Works a treat sitting or standing! With points, I bought mine for $77 USD after tax.

Mike