Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Wikson Thu May 09, 2019 11:56 am
Hello,
I have 2 questions:
1. How many scenes can I actually have in one project? I play live gigs using Ableton Live and some projects have about 100 - 150 consecutive scenes. Is this number limited to 8 with Akai Force or is it just the number of scenes I can see at a time on the display?

2. Can I assign different tempos (BPM) to various scenes like I can do in Ableton Live? So the tempo changes when launching any given scene with tempo preassigned?

Thanks in advance.
By felixtv Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:15 pm
Anyone? I need these features too for live and i do not want to use warping because of not trusty algorithm. So, i use BPM-matched audio for each "song". And i have sufficient BPM, assigned to each scene in Ableton. BPM changes automatically when i launch the scene in DAW. I need this in Akai Force too ^_^ Thanks!
By 64hz Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:54 pm
How many tracks can be added to a project? Up to 8 audio tracks, 8 plug-in instrument tracks, and 128 Drum, Keygroup, or MIDI program tracks may be added to a project. A project can have a maximum of 128 total tracks.

I suggest you download and read the manual.
By Koekepan Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:04 pm
I forget how many scenes the Force can have, but it is not limited to the 8 rows in the interface. Those directional buttons to the left of the screen can be used to scroll down to plenty more scenes. Keep on scrolling ...

As for BPM, why not do an offline warp as a workaround?
By felixtv Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:26 am
felixtv wrote:
Koekepan wrote:As for BPM, why not do an offline warp as a workaround?

You mean, offline warp within Force? Is it good enough algorithm to keep the sounds precise?

My fluctuations during performance are in range of 5-10 BPM, so is the warp algo gentle enough to not destroy my tracks? ^_^
By felixtv Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:40 am
Koekepan wrote:Only you can answer that. What is your musical style?

But why not try it and see what you can do?

They are some drum stems. Thanks a lot. Yessir, i’ll do, seems like it is the best solution now.
By felixtv Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:39 am
Koekepan wrote:As for BPM, why not do an offline warp as a workaround?

I tried, am i did it right? I have done “Elastique Flatten” (is it “offline warping”, yes?), then tap “Warp” on sample and tried to change BPM after that. Sounded glitchy, but maybe i did it wrong? Still bit confusing about it. Thanks for your help again!