Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SPEN|WEST Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:46 pm
I turned on my Force yesterday and loaded up the factory House template. I noticed after playing the drum pads, if i hit a pad twice really fast, the second hit would silence the sound. On a drum program it happens intermittently.

I then selected one of the bass tracks and began playing in note mode. The same thing will happen. I can get the bass to play once with the proper release but on a second or third hit, no matter which pad you hit, you just hear a click.

So i loaded up a black project and loaded hype. No issues.

What am I missing?
By Gribs Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:43 pm
I have also experienced paid glitches like these and another user has reported them, too (I think it was on Gearslutz).. There seems to be an issue with mono-synths where this happens, too. I thought it might be an issue with retriggering the single voice and tried setting two voices. The glitch went away when I did that.
By tjmend Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:05 pm
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Make absolutely sure that if youre playing a monophonic instrument, that note made isn't set to chords or progressions. Also, check your arpeggiator settings and that it isn't turned on if you don't need it. I remember thinking that had something to do with it also.