Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By cash4gold Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 pm
recently purchased a force, and am trying to connect it to my computer to copy over my samples.

every time i try, it fails during the plug in play process saying "could not install this device".

i have tried on 3 different machines... my desktop, my laptop, and friends laptop.

all machines were running Windows 7 or higher. force is running the most recent firmware.

is there anywhere to download the drivers? is my unit defective? is there something i am missing? i am just plugging it in and pressing the computer mode icon... thanks.
By CFM01 Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:08 pm
Strangely i had the same problem when trying to do the firmware upgrade. Tried it on a windows 7 machine. I believe this machine may have USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and I was not sure which port was connected. Anyway the machine stated driver not installed correctly.

Then connected to my windows surface pro, which i know is a usb 3.0, and connected was not problems, firmware updated.

People at the start had the same sort of problems with the MPC live and far as i can the fire just uses a standard windows driver. So i would expect you need to connect to USB 3.0+ for it to work.