Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By r4nd0m Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:40 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Have you guys tried contacting support?

I have not - not sure if there is a selection process after submitting the application though
By J-Fly Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:24 am
I posted that I wanted to be in the beta on either on here or Gearslutz..... I don’t remember but I got an invite.
By r4nd0m Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:17 am
J-Fly wrote:I posted that I wanted to be in the beta on either on here or Gearslutz..... I don’t remember but I got an invite.

I emailed Dan directly asking how the program is managed as I did not receive either confirmation that the application has been received or that is has been rejected ... I dont believe in registering on multiple platforms to chase people but it seems the program is poorly managed as I didnt get a response to that in a week either
By Ill-Green Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:05 am
Yeah only the hardcore get invites. If you guys were doing nothing but praising the MPC-X/Live at launch, then your asskissing ways got you nothing. Akai wants the really realz.
By r4nd0m Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:53 pm
Ok did tweet to people, emailed no return - the forum mentions that you can get invited by someone who is on the forum - anyone on here willing to check if they actually can do that and if so is someone willing to invite me? Got Ableton 10.1.2 sitting here with apparently everything needed within Ableton but MPC and Force with firmware versions that don’t actually support the Ableton capabilities which I would like to test in detail ...
By Hkor Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:03 am
Hi

I moved from Elektron / ableton to Akai Force.
I don’t regret my choice BUT somethings I want from Akai is:

- Conditional trigs

-Random (presets for instruments, FX…)

-Can move tracks to whatever slots ( I know some brillant dev had made modded firmware who can do this but please Akai, make this happen in the next Firmware ❤️‍)

-Pre /post Fx

-Feedback Aux Send like in Ableton (In Aux section i want re inject audio into the same Aux…) = perfect for DUB fx style.
In force we have Limiter and Gate so controlling Feedback loop will be easy.
For me it’s a really pain missing things

-Like in ableton a fonction to convert AUDIO to MIDI

+FX section / synth

-A comb filter
-Shepard tone
-convolution reverb
-Graphic shaper for chirurgical distortion…
-Can import own wavetable in hype or make a new synth who can import wavetable
-A sort of mod matrix (I know is posible to make variable modulations but a page with a MOD MATRIX is welcome)
-A collab or reinventing MODELING instruments and FX like AAS and the Famous CORPUS in ableton live FX (Awsome FX to transform something into another something or to boost the tone )

+MIDI FX tracks is a really missing things.
Check ableton live please and do that and check maxforlive midi FX, they are many many interesting things that can be change the game. On IOS domain they are also many exemple to how midi fx is powerful.

+Audio

-Abilities to change the sample rate and buffer size ( to match with other sound card)
-When we connect a sound card, I stead of making 32in/32out, let me choose the number of In& out.
-No dBFS on master?

+UI

-A good SPECTRUM analyzer like VOXENGO SPAN
-The ability to split screen with different page and ONE SPECTRUM ANALYSER to instant change parameters from slips screen 1 and seeing the result into split screen 2.
I know It can be difficult but it will save a lot of time and gave a true vision when you change parameters is a MUST