Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:03 pm
Based on my previous conversations with then regarding potential support of legacy mpcs, I'd guess the delay was simply them waiting to see if there was enough interest. Ultimately the force is a very niche, beta product, they need to be sure they will sell enough decksavers to justify the development costs.
By Oscar1 Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:42 am
You know what , it is just a rectangle, anyone with a bit of skill can whip something up. If you know how to cut and weld plexiglass, I'd say it is a job for 20 min.
But I am actually going to sew a cover for it - I may even embroid something nice on top as I have embroidery machine....
By r4nd0m Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:14 am
While you are correct the most expensive part is actually designing and making the mould
By Oscar1 Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 am
No, no, I don't mean to form it. That's another story beyond simple DIY. I've used plexiglass for lot of projects. You just cut all the flat sides and use welding liquid to join them. It sets in a minute. The result is really good. In fact the plastic store here will cut the parts to the size if you give them measurements. All that is left is to weld it.