Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By everlast88az Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 am
I have a Live and I like it except its cumbersome to perform basic operations you can do easily inside a DAW and it doesn't have enough memory. But the mobile aspect of it and the functions are great.

However say I want to beat match two samples that are different BPM, it seems I have no way of doing it by ear to sync up two different samples. Rather I have to adjust the specific BPM value and apply it to the sample, which is an error prone and time consuming process. But I like the idea of triggering beats and syncing beats as an addition to dj'ing with CDJ's or vinyl.

Does anyone know if the Akai is more flexible in that regard or which is preferable for more DJ types of applications?

Thanks!
By chino Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:14 pm
everlast88az wrote:I have a Live and I like it except its cumbersome to perform basic operations you can do easily inside a DAW and it doesn't have enough memory. But the mobile aspect of it and the functions are great.

However say I want to beat match two samples that are different BPM, it seems I have no way of doing it by ear to sync up two different samples. Rather I have to adjust the specific BPM value and apply it to the sample, which is an error prone and time consuming process. But I like the idea of triggering beats and syncing beats as an addition to dj'ing with CDJ's or vinyl.

Does anyone know if the Akai is more flexible in that regard or which is preferable for more DJ types of applications?

Thanks!

Are you open to trying out a completely different product? The Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler is made to do exactly what you described above. Its FUN & REALLY EASY to use!!
By Ill-Green Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:04 pm
Yeah, DJS-1000 is what you want. Live and Force are from Akai, so you just gonna be going in circles trying to justify the purchase.

DJS-1000 is justice.
By DokBrown Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:17 am
can anyone speak as to the difference between warping with MPC X / LIVE vs akai FORCE ?

Does the akai force actually have a different warp algorithm ?

I understand the force layout is better for launching scenes/clips but does it actually have more warp options ?
By Oscar1 Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 am
Force and MPC are made with the same internals and the force is building its firmware on the MPC firmware. So all alghorythms are exactly the same. In fact I often look up MPC videos how to do stuff on Force. If you don't like how MPC is doing some things then you won't like it on Force as it will be the same. The force has just expanded frontend with clip-launcher and if we are lucky this year an arranger. They can add the same exact thing to MPC if they want and maybe at some point they will. They artificially separating force from MPC by drawing a line in sand. but there is no hardware reason for it - only marketing.
By Cockdiesel Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 am
The clip launching is set to the bpm of the project. You have to compensate with the length of bars.
It’s more stream lined for the 404 clip launching style than anything out there, however it isn’t as good with the extreme timestreching that the dis and so-12 can pull off. It’s more ofma all in one type deal than the the pioneer stuff, but it is more intensive with the programming.
Standalone. Rudimentary ableton vs standalone creative piece.
You may love or hate either.