Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By nuggs Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Hi guys,

I have a question. Can anyone tell me if the Akai force is stable as a midi slave receiving midi clock? I want to tempo sync the force to a looper like an RC 202, but I wanted to hear from someone with experience that the force is stable when receiving clock from another device before purchasing one. Really appreciate any feedback with anyone that has tried. I hear the 202 is rock solid as a midi master. Thanks, have a good one.
By Unreallystic Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:40 pm
I had ZERO success. I have two Forces that I wanted to setup for live performance (DAWless). Without retreading frustrating ground, it didn't work, after a single loop the Force would either crash (like hard crash) or just *Stop*. It reminded me of trying to use my Kaossilator Pro. After doing a bunch of reading, Akai said they purposely did this as they wanted to make sure that the clock source was reliable, so only a few things were supposed to be able to control/master it.

The easiest solution was Ableton Link. I hate it as it interjects my computer back into the equation - what I was trying to get away from with the setup, but it works GREAT with Ableton controlling the clock.
- Unreall
By NearTao Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:48 pm
Unreallystic wrote:The easiest solution was Ableton Link. I hate it as it interjects my computer back into the equation - what I was trying to get away from with the setup, but it works GREAT with Ableton controlling the clock.
- Unreall

I'm pretty sure I've used Ableton Link without actually running Ableton before. Am I loosing my mind, or is there a specific reason you have to have the computer involved?

BTW... my current vote is faulty memory.