Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By DokBrown Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 pm
With such a MAJOR update, I would expect MAJOR bugs. I suggest waiting until they iron out the bugs . . . . . but this is very promising. FORGET THE ABLETON EXPORT, the FORCE may put my ableton LIVE setup to rest.

In my dreams ???
1] make beats with my MPC & drum machines
2] load SD card with 1GB of audio clips loaded into PGMS
3] DJ juggle the clips with the FORCE.
By carrying Programs over from my MPC, I can still tweak the AIRFX, filters, etc.
4] use FORCE arranger & YA mastering templates to record beat DJ sets
By Koekepan Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm
You may be right about major bugs, but quite a bit of their release note list is about resolved problems, and known problems. They seem to be playing it straight.

It's also worth noting that the release number isn't 3.1, but 3.1.1 which suggests to me that some bugs have already been stomped (plus, they've had the beta out for a while).

So call me cautiously optimistic.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 pm
Would be very helpful if Akai included a way to take screenshots. For the MPC I can use an MPC Touch as the screen is just an additional monitor for my computer. With the Force, each 'screenshot' is going to have to be either created in a graphics editor, or literally take photos of the screen, which is likely to look a bit rubbish.
By boblin Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Would be very helpful if Akai included a way to take screenshots. For the MPC I can use an MPC Touch as the screen is just an additional monitor for my computer. With the Force, each 'screenshot' is going to have to be either created in a graphics editor, or literally take photos of the screen, which is likely to look a bit rubbish.

I don't mind having photos instead of screenshots. Thats not that bad. I can take the labour of perspective correction/cropping if that helped (;
By Koekepan Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:50 pm
One approach that I've seen used is to lock a video camera and target in place, such that the screen is as well displayed as possible, then end up just grabbing frames as your screenshots. A bit of a hassle, but quite feasible, and fairly friendly to capturing a process because then you're just going through a process, grabbing frames, and adding explanatory text.
By J-Fly Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 pm
If I can add my 2 cents, I was a Native Instruments Maschine user for years. I was hesitant to try MPC because the workflow and concepts were so different. Someone suggested the the MPC X/Live Bible and it was only after reading that tutorial that I finally got it. The tutorial was very well-written and made sense white the other long list of tutorials didn't. Now I'm in the same situation trying to find the right tutorial for Force and most of them are just ok, but more importantly these are just all over the place. A Force Bible will have everything on one place that you can follow.
By Paul A. Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Would be very helpful if Akai included a way to take screenshots. For the MPC I can use an MPC Touch as the screen is just an additional monitor for my computer. With the Force, each 'screenshot' is going to have to be either created in a graphics editor, or literally take photos of the screen, which is likely to look a bit rubbish.

I can help with the pictures and editting if needed. Got my force inside my all purpose/photo studio so all tools at hand. We really need this.
By boblin Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:34 pm
RoseL. wrote:Oh please a Force-Bible!!! Would also by it in the minute, or also would make a pre-ordering of it! We pray for the Force-Bible to come :worthy:!

this. i would not mind supporting patreon dedicated to Force-Bible creation in exchange to receiving chapters as they are ready.
By Offkey-E Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:12 pm
I too would be more than willing to support such a project. The available knowledge base of this product is very narrow and one person said it well. The knowledge base currently is "all over the place". Akai has some decent vids but their current "library" of knowledge vids is limited. They had a good idea starting a library but didn't seem to follow through on it. Hell, Akai should pay this guy a handsome fee to make a Force "bible". It's in their best interest. One guy said if there was such a manual he'd buy one. That means there are probably many more like him. I took a chance in my purchase hoping I'd figure it out as I went but the process is very frustrating and slow. The current Akai manual for installing an SSD, as an example, only mentions how to physically install the SSD into the Force. It never mentioned what to do after that. What about formatting and accessing files on it? Anyways, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in to help show the need for this. Cheers!