Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By karmacomposer Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:53 pm
If you are running out of room on your Force, it's because it ships with 16gb of space and 14gb are used.

Install a SSD (I installed a 1tb SSD and it was effortless - just make sure to buy a USB to SATA cable and format the SSD using exFat) and I also bought a 256gb SSD and a 4tb USB HD - so now I have tons of room for my 100gb of loops and all the sampling room i'll ever need.

Mike
By Paul A. Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:35 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Force Bible is definitely happening and is my main project ATM :popcorn:

Really looking forward to this...

Will it be added as an update to the existing MPC bible or you plan it will be a separate project? Just want to know if i should wait or purchase the MPC bible now and will get the force content in an update later.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:40 am
Paul A. wrote:Will it be added as an update to the existing MPC bible or you plan it will be a separate project? Just want to know if i should wait or purchase the MPC bible now and will get the force content in an update later.

The Force Bible is a completely separate project, it won't be available as an upgrade or crossgrade from the MPC Bible.
By J-Fly Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:48 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Paul A. wrote:Will it be added as an update to the existing MPC bible or you plan it will be a separate project? Just want to know if i should wait or purchase the MPC bible now and will get the force content in an update later.

The Force Bible is a completely separate project, it won't be available as an upgrade or crossgrade from the MPC Bible.

It's going to be fabulous!.......
By tsutek Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 am
Guessing tutor wants to wait until the next update drops. The arranger is supposed to be released, and I really couldn't imagine any bible being complete without stuff about it.

I'm using the leaked beta myself, and the arranger is a bit of a head scratcher. It is so much tied to the internal workings of everything that I dont know how to use my force anymore.. depending on what is set up in the arrange mode, other functions like clip launching and recording, stop working normally.
By J-Fly Sun May 03, 2020 8:10 pm
tsutek wrote:Guessing tutor wants to wait until the next update drops. The arranger is supposed to be released, and I really couldn't imagine any bible being complete without stuff about it.

I'm using the leaked beta myself, and the arranger is a bit of a head scratcher. It is so much tied to the internal workings of everything that I dont know how to use my force anymore.. depending on what is set up in the arrange mode, other functions like clip launching and recording, stop working normally.

Yes, the arranger in the beta is a little messy but I try my best to follow the step-by-step instructions.
By BklynSeen Thu May 07, 2020 1:37 am
karmacomposer wrote:If you are running out of room on your Force, it's because it ships with 16gb of space and 14gb are used.

Install a SSD (I installed a 1tb SSD and it was effortless - just make sure to buy a USB to SATA cable and format the SSD using exFat) and I also bought a 256gb SSD and a 4tb USB HD - so now I have tons of room for my 100gb of loops and all the sampling room i'll ever need.

Mike

I"ve tried everything... Formatted Samsung 860EVO 256GB drive ExFat; installed into Force; connected Force to PC and set to computer mode and reformatted drive. Ejected drive and disconnected force from PC and set back to standalone, turned off Force, restarted and still can't see drive in the menu. Any help would be appreciated
By StormingElysium Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Force Bible is definitely happening and is my main project ATM :popcorn:

Nice! I've been looking everywhere for step-by-step lessons and trying to find a course to buy anywhere, but all i can find are Youtube videos that are missing so much information, my machine has mostly been sitting unplugged. I'll be buying this as soon as I see it's released. :-D
By StormingElysium Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:02 am
BklynSeen wrote:
karmacomposer wrote:If you are running out of room on your Force, it's because it ships with 16gb of space and 14gb are used.

Mike

I"ve tried everything... Formatted Samsung 860EVO 256GB drive ExFat; installed into Force; connected Force to PC and set to computer mode and reformatted drive. Ejected drive and disconnected force from PC and set back to standalone, turned off Force, restarted and still can't see drive in the menu. Any help would be appreciated

If it's formatted to exFAT, then the only thing I can think is maybe Windows didn't make it a standard "simple volume" or didn't assign a letter to it right. If you can't see it when connecting the force to the computer and using Windows Disk Management, then maybe connecting just the drive to the computer and using a tool like "Minitool Partition Wizard" to make sure the drive is a "simple volume" and shows a drive letter.

Here's someone using windows disk management to make a drive in an MPC a simple volume. I don't know if that helps, but hopefully it will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiACxsY1N4?t=309