Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By gerryv Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:55 am
Hey guys,

Also asked this question in the getting started part but didn’t got a lot of response so I am trying over here.
For a month now i am trying to find out which device would be the best fit for me. Watching a lot of youtube video's, spend a lot of evenings googling for info but still my dilemma is not solved. The two devices which i doubt between are the akai mpc x or the akai force because of the standalone nature. I hope by posting this message i can finally make the right decision. First gonna give some background and what exactly i am looking for and then will ask some questions.

Main purpose for the device is producing electronic music. My genres are tech house, deep house, minimal and techno. The device should be able to create a song from start to finish(I know the force doesn't have arrangement mode yet but will eventually have it so that's fine by me). I have no experience working with mpc neither with ableton so learning curve is something that is not important to me. I have some experience with maschine from native instruments since i own the maschine studio. I just want to have the device that gives me the most and best options to produce a track from start to finish in the genres as i mentioned above.

Some questions:
What are the benefits of each device above the other?
The thing that stops me from going for the mpc x is when i search for youtube videos most of the time the music they are making is hip hop which is not my genre. It is really hard to find a video about the mpc x creating electronic music :-D which make me doubt if its capable of making music in my genre. What do you guys think about that?
What do you guys think about the software on both devices in the future. Will the mpc x get some more plugins like the hype synth? Since the force is the newest device will the mpc x get less updates?
With the mpc x i know you are able to use sounds from vst plugins by playing them in the mpc software export it and import in standalone and make keygroups out of it. Is there or will it be possible to do something similar with the akai force so i can use sounds from vst plugins in my akai force in standalone mode(maybe when the ableton integration is ready)?

Sorry for this huge post but i really hope you guys will help me in making my final decision.

Thanks, Gerry