Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Roonan Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi Guys,

Just bought a Force to join my MC707 to fill the need for more audio looping and sampling.
So far so good, but I can't seem to find why I can't change region settings on audio tracks when I have recorded something or added a wave manually.
Warp, reverse and aother options are grayed out.
When I select a sample (even the same sample) with browse sample, all functions are suddenly available?!
Am I missing something?
I have warp on auto in the settings, but I don't think that's related to this particular problem.
Anyone?

Thanks, Ronald.
Last edited by Roonan on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Roonan Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 pm
A fellow gearslut came to the rescue:

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you’re saying, but I found that you have to physically tap/touch the wave file on the GUI to select it for those features to become active.

Now I understand why this behavior is like this. I've worked with Ableton for years and one clip could only have one sample, so it's kinda obvious that's the only sample you are going to edit. In the Force, you can have multiple samples in a region so you have to select the sample within that region to be able to edit that sample. I had the magnifier tool selected in the region editor so tapping the waveform didn't do anything. But when I selected the arrow tool and then tapped the waveform all options became available. I couldn't find anything in the manual concerning this. I never owned an Akai so I guess I have to learn a few tricks.

I'm very impressed with the Force so far. Only downside is the sloppy (midi) timing. I could solve that with an E-RM that I feed with a click sample running to output 3 into the E-RM. Not ideal, but at least I can sync all my gear with steady clock and lag correction and still being able to have the Force as master so I can record loops on the fly. The recorded loops play in perfect sync with the source material.