Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Expectaz Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:13 am
Found a new workflow to create my live techno track set. Using the akai force to record and play loops and samples from the arturia minibrute and behringer neutron in this case.
There are some samples from the ipad on which I use apps like Korg Gadget and Ruismaker Noir. So basically my new way of working consists of recording audio loops.

Then the beauty of the force is that you can add 4 insert effects on which I have filters, a pumper, compressor and flanger or phaser effects. These can be mapped on the force to the buttons in 2 handy ways: project and track.
Project are general mappings so they always stay the same. Track has mappings that are specific to the track you select. In this video you mostly see the track map. Generally I love this workflow and am hard at work to create more material which is easy with external hardware synths.