Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By monogee Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:40 pm
I got my hand on the trigger to buy Da Force, but I should wait and see if Akai implements Song Arrangement in their next update. I kind of feel like Akai is going to be slick and release a Force 2 in the future. LOL
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm
monogee wrote:I kind of feel like Akai is going to be slick and release a Force 2 in the future. LOL

My guess is they are not going to do that, IMO the Force hasn't sold enough units to justify them even thinking about working a second model. The existing model has great hardware, it's the software that needs more work.
By hellnegative Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm
karmacomposer wrote:Surely they are going to release the next update soon . . . right? (and don't call me shirly).

With all the mandatory stay at home punishment going on, now's a great time to learn the Force and I could REALLY use arranger mode/song mode!!

Please Akai, release the beast!

Mike

Its an even better time for all the beta testers to be straight focused on prividing feedback and finishing the update. There was an update to the beta a couple days ago. ;-) So, they are still working things out.
By Icepulse Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:38 pm
I’m about a minute away from putting my Force on Reverb. This is getting boring. The idea that they still haven’t released firmware to enable arrangement and mixdown / export a song is preposterous. No need to @ me; that’s just my feeling. My Force is maybe 6 months old, and I’ve used it maybe a dozen times. In other words, it’s cherry. I’d let it go for $850.