Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By maltacourte Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Hello all,

So, I just bought a Force yesterday and have been experimenting with some audio and other things, etc.

Up front, I have not owned any Akkai MPC devices at all, so I am not sure if this is normal for Akai products...

So, I love being able to downsize the loop length or even just the start to Stop sample size to make it extremely tight so that that start /stop or loop length are practically on top of each other. This creates killer effects on it's own which you can then add reverbs too, etc which make instruments. I use this technique a lot on the old ASR 10 and other samplers, and any software sampler in Ableton can do this.

Am I missing something? the Loop length is limited to 24 on the lowest amount you can tighten the loop, same goes for the sample start and end. It gets close, but stops early.

Anything you can offer will help. Thanks!