Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 pm
BROWSER > SHIFT >'LOAD CLIPS'

I've ignored it until now, but I cant seem to get it to do anything? It's a toggle, but loading actions of clips appear to be the same whether it's active or not. Nothing in the manual as far as I can see, I assume it was added in one of the recent firmwares.

Anyone have any insight on this?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:38 pm
If anyone is interested...

In the Force you can save the current track (SAVE > TRACK). This is an .XTK file and will save your track exactly as it was at the point of saving, including any clips (which is stored in a hidden folder called 'xxx_[TrackData]). So it's a bit like a single track project file.

When you re-load an XTK file it will recreate that track including loading all the clips (MIDI and audio), but only if 'LOAD CLIPS' is enabled in the browser. With LOAD CLIPS disabled, the Force loads the track and all parameters, but omits the clips.