Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By teeco Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 pm
Hi guy's, has anybody had any success running the Akai Force with Push 2 on the same Ableton live 10 project. A bit overkill I know but for me I like the idea.
By teeco Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:03 am
Yes at present as far as I know Akai force can't control third party plugins midi data on it's xyfx screen and the Push 2 can. One plugin in particular is the max 4 live Hypermorph that I use a lot. So I would use Push 2 to control midi tracks that use third party vst instruments and Akai Force to do the rest.
By TheDoctor Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:53 pm
teeco wrote:Yes at present as far as I know Akai force can't control third party plugins midi data on it's xyfx screen and the Push 2 can. One plugin in particular is the max 4 live Hypermorph that I use a lot. So I would use Push 2 to control midi tracks that use third party vst instruments and Akai Force to do the rest.

Another way it can works with just the Force is to use Midi Program. You could set the midi channel on your vst and you should be able to control more than 8 macros from the Midi Program of the Force. I don't knows if you can add effects from Ableton Mode otherwise you lose the browser functionality. It definitely make sense use Ableton Push with Force because it's not implemented well as a controller but if you mainly control the vst and you don't mind add effect with the keyboard it should work fine with a bit of set up. It can works for other Daw too and with program change you can change presets too.