Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cxtheproducer Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:02 pm
When is it coming to the force? You say it has the MPC sample engine but this is missing. We need this feature ASAP. This would complete the unit to the fullest
By TheDoctor Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:06 pm
You can still do it by the touchscreen but I think Akai will never implement exact the same features and that's fine because Force is not an MPC. MPC sample engine doesn't mean it has the same features but the engine is the same so something can always be different.
I understand your frustration but "lazy chop" is something iconic about the MPC workflow. Force has a different workflow and I prefer it does something different than an MPC, otherwise I get an MPC.
But you can still do on Force even tho it's not the same you kind of get the feature anyway, and that's nice.
By J-Fly Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:23 am
The reason given why the feature is missing is because the Force was designed so that the screen and pads are always separate and not dependent on each other. This leads me to believe that they have no plans of adding the feature even though I submitted an idea in the beta of how it can be initiated.
By Icepulse Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:05 pm
J-Fly wrote:The reason given why the feature is missing is because the Force was designed so that the screen and pads are always separate and not dependent on each other. This leads me to believe that they have no plans of adding the feature even though I submitted an idea in the beta of how it can be initiated.

Not sure that makes a lot of sense, I mean, when in sample edit for an existing drum track, hitting a pad highlights and triggers the appropriate slice. In force mode, hitting the appropriate pad will trigger the clip assigned to that pad.. it’s all communicating.

It’s honestly just an unattractive omission that makes sample chopping a little less efficient.
By TheDoctor Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm
Icepulse wrote:
J-Fly wrote:The reason given why the feature is missing is because the Force was designed so that the screen and pads are always separate and not dependent on each other. This leads me to believe that they have no plans of adding the feature even though I submitted an idea in the beta of how it can be initiated.

Not sure that makes a lot of sense, I mean, when in sample edit for an existing drum track, hitting a pad highlights and triggers the appropriate slice. In force mode, hitting the appropriate pad will trigger the clip assigned to that pad.. it’s all communicating.

It’s honestly just an unattractive omission that makes sample chopping a little less efficient.

You can trigger/highlights a pad only in Note and Seq Mode. You can't select a pad while in Launch Mode. It makes sense that they don't implement the "lazy chop" on the pad. Btw it's still available from the display what's the problem? And again why not get an MPC then? Force workflow is around clip and the matrix, MPC workflow is about lazy chop, 16 level, note repeat. Are you sure you get the right product? :lol:
By Icepulse Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:48 pm
TheDoctor wrote:You can trigger/highlights a pad only in Note and Seq Mode. You can't select a pad while in Launch Mode. It makes sense that they don't implement the "lazy chop" on the pad. Btw it's still available from the display what's the problem? And again why not get an MPC then? Force workflow is around clip and the matrix, MPC workflow is about lazy chop, 16 level, note repeat. Are you sure you get the right product? :lol:

I have both, chuckles. And, again, if you can trigger the slice with the pad when in sample edit mode, there’s zero reason not to add lazy pad chopping. You can keep justifying it all day, but it would be better, all the same. I don’t think there’s a single user that would disagree.
By Cxtheproducer Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:36 pm
I have a MPC LIVE, REN and Studio and this is for nothing more than manipulating samples. I ask this because it’s like they turned the sample slicing into a non destructive MPC 5000 chopping
By TheDoctor Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:25 pm
Icepulse wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:You can trigger/highlights a pad only in Note and Seq Mode. You can't select a pad while in Launch Mode. It makes sense that they don't implement the "lazy chop" on the pad. Btw it's still available from the display what's the problem? And again why not get an MPC then? Force workflow is around clip and the matrix, MPC workflow is about lazy chop, 16 level, note repeat. Are you sure you get the right product? :lol:

I have both, chuckles. And, again, if you can trigger the slice with the pad when in sample edit mode, there’s zero reason not to add lazy pad chopping. You can keep justifying it all day, but it would be better, all the same. I don’t think there’s a single user that would disagree.

You basically want 2 device doing the same thing? Next time ask for clip launch on the MPC :lol: I don't understand you have 3 MPC do lazy chop and the only feature you can ask for Force is lazy chop? Then they complain Akai don't give a shit about their customers. Imagine being an Akai employer :"oh a new feature suggestion...... Lazy chop.... Ok give another toy to these kids, they just want the same shit over and over, easy money for us"
Sorry mate but I understand it's a nice feature but you already have lazy chop on your MPC, don't you want appriciate another type of workflow as you did with lazy chop? If everybody do like you, you didn't even have lazy chop on your MPC.
By Icepulse Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:23 am
TheDoctor wrote:You basically want 2 device doing the same thing? Next time ask for clip launch on the MPC :lol: I don't understand you have 3 MPC do lazy chop and the only feature you can ask for Force is lazy chop? Then they complain Akai don't give a **** about their customers. Imagine being an Akai employer :"oh a new feature suggestion...... Lazy chop.... Ok give another toy to these kids, they just want the same **** over and over, easy money for us"
Sorry mate but I understand it's a nice feature but you already have lazy chop on your MPC, don't you want appriciate another type of workflow as you did with lazy chop? If everybody do like you, you didn't even have lazy chop on your MPC.

Your argument is so TEDIOUS! :Sigh:

And the MPC has clip launching. Look it up and come back when you know what you’re talking about.
By TheDoctor Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:24 am
Icepulse wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:You basically want 2 device doing the same thing? Next time ask for clip launch on the MPC :lol: I don't understand you have 3 MPC do lazy chop and the only feature you can ask for Force is lazy chop? Then they complain Akai don't give a **** about their customers. Imagine being an Akai employer :"oh a new feature suggestion...... Lazy chop.... Ok give another toy to these kids, they just want the same **** over and over, easy money for us"

Your argument is so TEDIOUS! :Sigh:

And the MPC has clip launching. Look it up and come back when you know what you’re talking about.

Sorry mr Akai but I'm more interested in making music instead of buying 2 things that do exactly the same thing. Please make a new standalone mpc because you know so much.
Thank you for bring nothing new to the platform, so excited! You must have spent some time to suggest that unique feature
By Icepulse Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:50 pm
TheDoctor wrote:Sorry mr Akai but I'm more interested in making music instead of buying 2 things that do exactly the same thing. Please make a new standalone mpc because you know so much.
Thank you for bring nothing new to the platform, so excited! You must have spent some time to suggest that unique feature

So yeah anyway it’s a tiny feature that makes sample chopping far easier. Every piece of sampling hardware should have it.

Adding it would hardly be making them “exactly the same”, but you’d have to tried both to understand how distinct the workflows are.

You seem pretty angry, and desperate to be right on this, which is weird. But OK.
By Cxtheproducer Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm
The same feature huh? I been using MPC’S since the 60 and and I’m not complaining at all. I’m not asking for VST’s and that other nonsense I’m just asking for one feature. Also as far as overlap being on multiple devices. I’m not going to insult or anything but I can remember in the late 80’s early nineties we had a MPC 60 and S950 being used together and they both did the same thing (Sample) So if they are gonna tout the force as having the MPC sample engine include the chopping style as well. If they are putting this in the Push 2 category give it the chopping as well the Push 2 has it. When this is implemented my other MPC’S are gone and I’m just using the Force.
By Cxtheproducer Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:53 pm
Also that pad slicing feature is in the Maschine software as well. Akai implemented this method first. Their gear always overlaps with the same features(Sampling). The argument means nothing to me,lol I been doing this for a while when Roger Linn was there :-D
By J-Fly Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:24 pm
We need the feature and depending on the screen functionality is not fluid due to the sometimes inaccurate response time.