Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By meto Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Hallo people,
after playing a bit with my force (and hoping for song mode…) I´m trying - as one of the first steps - to use ableton live intro. Just to get my clips into my pc and doing little arranging, mastering or so.
The akai professional I downloaded and ableton live intro seems to work. Force and pc both are on WiFi but I dont get the force clips to ableton.
Do I really have to buy a ´bigger´ableton Version just for this first step?
Greetings!
By J-Fly Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 pm
This is a difficult question for me to answer because by the time transferring Force files to Ableton Live was available, I had already upgraded. I was disappointed with Intro so I quickly upgraded to Standard.
By hellnegative Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:27 pm
meto wrote:Hallo people,
after playing a bit with my force (and hoping for song mode…) I´m trying - as one of the first steps - to use ableton live intro. Just to get my clips into my pc and doing little arranging, mastering or so.
The akai professional I downloaded and ableton live intro seems to work. Force and pc both are on WiFi but I dont get the force clips to ableton.
Do I really have to buy a ´bigger´ableton Version just for this first step?
Greetings!

Depends on your project size. I was able to open an ALS export with clips on a friend's copy of Ableton Lite.
By meto Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:30 am
Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried and searched and only single clips and midi and audio and...
It doesnt work. Maybe the intro is just an intro for paying?

Anyway in a few days I will meet someone with the suite version and go from there.
By hellnegative Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:43 pm
You need to use ALS export to export the clips for Ableton. Live control mode is just a midi controller for Ableton Live.

Plug in a thumb drive, save, choose ALS Export, save to the thumb drive. Plug the thumb drive into your computer. Open the project in Ableton.