Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By NearTao Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:The MPC 60 was pricey. It was something like $5000 by itself and combined with the Akai S900 or 950 the prices was like $8000 US. Which is something like $17,000 in today money. So only studio or producers with a budget had it. Not to mention there wasn't really that many competitors. :lol:

In the next couple of weeks, you'll be able to get Akai Force for like 500 & 600 dollars.

At that price, I might pick one up... I've got some reverb bucks to spare.
By Oscar1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:49 pm
While I am not optimistic on the Force updates and regret buying it too early, the 500 force is not going to happen anytime soon.

You can look the history price chart on reverb, it is converging to $1000, in fact it is up from March. A graphs tell you which way the prices are going. If you expect $500 Force, you will have to wait a very long time.
By CFM01 Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Prices seem to be holding up even for secondhand Force’s. I do wonder if ‘when and if it’ happens the next update will be the last. Certainly maybe the last major update. The Force is a strange beast, we all want it to be a ‘real’ stand alone music making machine but it relies heavy on Ableton Live currently to finish off projects. Now there is 3 in the MPC range I am sure more resources will go into this range than the Force.

Without the promised update soon I think some people will jump ship and it will be harder of retailers to justify stocking the Force. Maybe it is time the jump ship? Get a good secondhand price and wait for the new MPC X?
By Unreallystic Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 pm
Well the updates that are coming look sizable and useful, so I am hopeful. With that said, it does what I want *now* for live looping, I'm irritated with its sync settings, forcing me to use Ableton Link in order to sync everything, but outside of that, I do enjoy it when I get to use it, but I openly admit that its because I use it specifically for live looping. When I FIRST purchased it, I was hoping to use it as a portable and standalone Push/MPC hybrid, and was disappointed with how it worked, but once I put it in my studio as a live looping tool, my enjoyment skyrocketed.
- Unreall
By carvingcode Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:39 am
Nick can rep any product, but I hope he is able to come back to the Force. We all would benefit.

I'm trying to figure out how he put together some of the layouts he used in his videos. Are they in the 'drum kit' layout? Any insight?