Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Zeanix Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:09 pm
Hey everyone. I've been searching around and trying to find if there's a way to transition between one project/song and another. Instead of having a break between songs, loading up the next one, is there a way to seamlessly transition? Thanks.
By hellnegative Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:33 pm
Zeanix wrote:Hey everyone. I've been searching around and trying to find if there's a way to transition between one project/song and another. Instead of having a break between songs, loading up the next one, is there a way to seamlessly transition? Thanks.

If your song is 100% on The Force, no. IF you have external hardware, you can take advantage of things like sequencers and delays to keep audio flowing while loading next project.
By GoddamnSam Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 am
I use 1 to 2 minute interludes on an external source to transition. I also use a cdj and mix in and out. It's hard to adjust track on the akai box so I just adjust via cdj ( slow up, speed up via cdj, beatmatching)
By DokBrown Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:14 pm
Since the price keeps coming down as so many people consider the FORCE “trash,” u might want to consider just getting 2. You could have the next project loaded up in the 2nd force & just use a mixer so switch back/forth between the 2. Back in the day, many people had 2 MPCs to get around sample limits/etc.

The obvious choice is to have a mixer with some other audio device filling in space: mp3/wav player or cheap 4 track with the first 2-3 minutes of the next song, old electribe, new novation circuit, etc.

I keep my old FOSTEX recorder despite having had Cubase, ableton, roland MV, akai MPC. It’s small, reliable & cheap.
By manualcontroller Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:23 pm
I also use the Force in one project / one song mode in a live setting. Here's how I pull off my beat-matched transitions.

I have an Elektron Digitakt running along side the Force on its own sequencer. The two are tempo sync'd via an ERM Midiclock.

When it's time to transition, I keep the Digitakt running as I bring up the next Force project. The Force project already has one clip highlighted and ready to be launched. Once the project loads, I hit the "reset" button on the ERM Midiclock and the Force begins its sequencer in perfect time on the next down beat.

Message me, if you're trying to do this and this don't make no darn sense!

- Manual Controller / [email protected] / manualcontroller.com -
By Koekepan Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:36 am
Yup, that would work fine. Given disc streaming, that goes double. Just load them up as huge samples.
By Koekepan Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:24 pm
Bear in mind that this was a bit of thread necromancy. The DokBrown post came from 2020, and at the time it wasn't that popular.

Times have changed, obviously.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:22 pm
I got a feature idea - if it was possible to live-record a few bars of the master output(s) into a "master clip", the master clip could be played as a loop while loading the next project. It shouldn't be very CPU heavy, just playing a plain wave from RAM on each master output. Maybe not a lot of people would actually use this though, and almost the same could be done with an external looper.