Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By krunchy Thu May 28, 2020 4:41 am
Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. It seems that sometimes when I load the tubesynth program, Note Retrigger doesn't work. Instead the sound cuts out if you try to play another note (or the same note) too quickly. Before it's natural release? It doesn't go away by changing the preset. If I delete the track and add the tubesynth again, it usually fixes it. No effects or anything in the mixer that I can see. If I switch the poly setting to two or more voices, at least it doesn't cut out.
By NearTao Thu May 28, 2020 11:23 am
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but...

If you have the sound set to one note or monophonic mode, you’ve just described the behavior of a synthesizer that can only play one note. Hence, when you set it to two or more note polyphony it is able to let the first note play out.
By krunchy Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 pm
NearTao, it's not that. The default poly setting for the tubesynth is 'Retrigger'. Under normal behavior, if you press a note, hold it down, then press a second note immediately after, the first note will cut out, the second note plays and the envelope retriggers. So, while there is only one voice, any key press immediately changes the voice and retriggers the envelope.

What I'm experiencing is that playing the same note, or a different note in rapid succession, will cause cause the sound to cut out completely. It seems that if the first note hasn't reached the sustain portion of the envelope (even if you've stopped playing it), any retrigger will cause the audio to cut out. Essentially if I try and play the same note over and over in rapid succession, maybe every 3rd or 4th time depending on how fast I'm pressing it, will a sound be played.
By sergey Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 pm
I've also encountered this,
Loading another synth and reloading back tubesynth solved it.
Only have encountered it once, though.