Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Limg000m Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 pm
Hey all,

Was hoping that someone else has already experimented with midi pedals on the Force. I saw in another forum that you can trigger play/stop/record via MMC, but I'm looking for recommendations or info on switches folks have used. Looking mainly to trigger record and play/stop while using a guitar.

Thanks!
By Limg000m Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:04 pm
To follow up on my own post, I picked up a Morningstar mc6 and I've been able to use it to trigger clip recording, play and stop. Programming the sysex messages in the pedal was a bit of a pain, but happy to report this worked.
By frankie13 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 pm
It would be nice if there was more comprehensive foot switch support. I also have an MC6 and programmed it with MMC messages to control my MPC, was pleasantly surprised that the same settings work with the force.

Currently, however, since the addition of Command Center to the HX stomp, I have a switch on the Stomp programmed to send the "Overdub" MMC message to initiate clip recording - which is the only one I really end up needing. Both work great through USB connection on the Force.
By wikerroot Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Limg000m wrote:To follow up on my own post, I picked up a Morningstar mc6 and I've been able to use it to trigger clip recording, play and stop. Programming the sysex messages in the pedal was a bit of a pain, but happy to report this worked.

Hi! I'm implementing the exact same setup. Can you give me more details on how you programmed the mc6?