Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By trigger_the_monkey Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:46 am
Hi - I'm new to Force, and only played with it for a day before upgrading to 3.0.4. Before upgrading, I'm sure I had track level cueing to the headphones working fine, but now I can't get it to work at all. Whatever I do the track which should be on cue (to headphones only) also plays on the main outputs (1/2).

The headphones icon does show correctly on the mixer for the track I want to cue, so I think I've got the setup right (I've changed the option for solo in the mixer settings, and I've checked that my monitors are plugged in to 1 & 2).

I also have the metronome going to 3/4 only, and that is working fine - not going to the main outs but sounding in the headphones.

Help please! Have I missed something in the settings? Is it working for everyone else?

Track level cueing is important to me because I mainly want to use kits and instruments rather than audio samples.

Thanks in advance :)
By mingd Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 am
Hi ,
Same thing,
I'm on 3.05 firmware .. when I cue my track ( shift solo ) headphone icon .. the cued track comes through master ..

did you find a fix ?
By Jay nocats.net Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm
Have you found the solution? It doesn't mention in the manual that you also have to use mute for cue to work. I got this working ok in 3.0.5, it was just another frustrating detail in trying to learn this box.
By drummabuay Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:56 pm
Did anyone find a solution for this? I would love to be able to have a previously recorded clip of a track play in loop to FOH, while testing out new progressions on the same track that only get to my headphones.. Cueing works when I also mute the cued track. But what if I want it to keep playing while cueing?
Is that somehow possible?