Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cosy Studios Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Just wondering if its in the pipeline coz frankly, the force is performance machine and whilst the new macro functionality is wonderfully extensive, they've pretty much failed in that its all locked inside the machine itself and one cant be a live engineer and performer at the same time.

The last thing I want to do in live performance is select the appropriate knobs mode or switch the screen to x/y view for a particular track and then have to switch back to that track as soon as I do anything else and all whilst trying to play my instruments?!
What actually works: FIXED ASSIGNED EXTERNAL CONTROLLERS FOR ONE PURPOSE

Evidently, all that's required is to assign external midi cc's in the macros view.

I've a midi foot controller just sitting there and all it wants to is for the "wah" pedal to be assigned to my synths cutoff, and the pedals be assigned to switch tracks perhaps or start a new clip whilst i play guitar, or perhaps control some straight up dj kill knobs etc.. coz that stuff is useless assigned to the forces knobs in performance, unless that's all they do but they dont, they want to be in Project view, track view, screen view to deal quickly with over lenghed loops ive grabbed and didnt have time to stop the clip because i was actually playing my instrument.
- I mean, how is switching over to launch mode and starting a new clip on the right track with your fingers and then start playing guitar, followed by finishing a phrase early just to get the clip stopped and looping functional?

My trigger finger pro - great with the multi midi scenario - can be permanently assigned to a drum track to play notes
but what a total waste of the cc's available on it - they should be permanently assigned to the drum tracks filter, pitch, whatever.

My keys - they play notes, but when i'm at the keyboard, theres a sh* tonne of buttons and sliders that could be assigned, to that synths controls. And yet im expected to have yet another page of knobs on force and then somehow find time to turn my attention to the force that in the midst of performance without confusion. No chance,

Additional winge
Its also pretty irritating how I can multi arm all the tracks I want to be "live" on but for instance once a piano track has a clip recorded, the sustain for that clip immediately gets overwritten with each pass.
I find myself constantly having to un-arm & re-arm tracks to record, un-arm them so they don't have controller data overwritten, ensure im in record mode, but ensure the right tracks are armed,
Or for instance, I might want to hear what I'm playing on a track through midi but not record it, but recording another input of a mate playing guitar but then I don't want it on permanent input monitoring because i might want to play another synth, but on auto I've got to arm it for recording, but then it records over any current clip being played because the machine is in record. - Would be good to just have a select track for midi input without explicitly arming it for recording.
Seems there are just too many style of workflow on the machine, but they're all in conflict with eachother and it should just have various modes - Performance, or composing

Maybe i just need to get some sleep and figure out how im going to make the most of this lovely machine for what it is, its just it could be sooo much more for pretty much zero implementation cost.
Surely midi cc's are in the pipeline

Any word/insight from the lovely community here appreciated
By DokBrown Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm
so far keep dreaming . . . . . .